Houndsworth

I own nothing but my OC's.

"Holiday! Holiday! We're going on Holiday! Holiday! Holiday! We're going on Holiday!" The servants continued to sing as the carriage drove down the dirt path. Up ahead Nyra's eyebrow twitched in irritation. The song was cute the first few five times but now it was enough to make Nyra want to cover her ears in ice so that she wouldn't have to listen.

"This is so exciting, I can't believe it!" Finny cheered.

"Spectacular, he's actually bringing us! We actually get to go on holiday to the Queen's own resort!" Mei-rin squealed.

"Looks like the young master can be quite generous when the spirit moves him, eh?" Bard asked. The others nodded in agreement.

"Do you hear how happy they are?" Sebastian asked as he drove the carriage while Nyra quizzed Ciel on the French language. "They are very grateful to you, such a kind young master." The demon teased.

"I couldn't leave them there alone." Ciel said. "I might come to find the manor in shambles."

"En effet." Sebastian said in French.

Nyra saw a sign up ahead that read Houndsworth. The carriage pulled to a stop. "It seems we've arrived at the village everyone." Sebastian said.

"Alright!"

The servants hurried to take a look. All they saw was a large oak tree with collars dangling from it and dog skulls all over the ground. The servants all screamed in shock.

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention something. The resort that the queen is planning has yet to be constructed." Ciel said.

"Yes master." The servants groaned.

"That was mean Ciel." Nyra said, poking his cheek.

"C'est la vie. Elle est pleine de déceptions." Ciel said indifferently, waving Nyra's hand away.

"Très bon." Nyra said smiling.

EARLIER

"A holiday young master, in this season?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes, indeed. Tell me, have you ever heard of pass time known as bear baiting?" Ciel asked.

"Yes, I have Ciel." Nyra said. "A bear is tied to something and is attacked by dogs which slowly bite and kill it. People bet on which dog will deliver the killing blow."

"That sounds like something that only a human would dream up." Sebastian chuckled.

"It was banned back in 1835 when the 'Cruelty to Animals' act was instated. However there is still a loophole. The attack dogs that they used were not banned. So a new game developed." Ciel said.

"They use dogs to attack dogs, let's see; would that be dog baiting?" Sebastian asked.

"There's a village in which it's quite popular, known as Houndsworth." Ciel said. "It has long been known for raising fierce hunting dogs. But they take it further. It breaks her majesty's heart." Ciel said, looking down at the envelope.

"Breaks mine too." Nyra muttered. With her connection to wolves this case hit home since dogs were quite similar.

"So we'll secure the villages land for a royal estate, a simple pretext to end the atrocities." Ciel reported.

"A village full of dogs?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes, why?" asked Ciel.

"Well please forgive me master, this seems a rather insignificant task for one of your station to take on." Sebastian said, placing his hand over his heart.