Two Heads Are Better Than One

I own nothing but my OC's.

"He's gone!" Bard gasped, his cigarette falling out of his mouth. "Bloody hell."

Sebastian, Ciel and Nyra ran down stairs. Angela was right on their heels behind them. She gasped at the site before them. "Where is Lord Berrymore?" She turned when she heard loud banging on the door. When they opened it a man ran in and fell to his knees, panting.

"The demon hound, the great hound is here." He said gravely.

Lightning flashed as everyone followed the man to the scene of the crime, so to speak. Bright flashes of lightning streaked the sky. The sound of several dogs howling filled the air. The villagers were on their knees, looking like they were praying. They were saying that creepy chant again.

"The white dog is a good dog, a good dog good."

"The black dog is a bad dog a bad dog bad."

"He'll eat your flesh down to the bone, down to the bone."

"He'll gobble you up until you're gone, until you're gone."

"What's happening?" Sebastian wondered out loud.

"I thought you knew birdbrain." Nyra said.

"Contrary to popular belief I in fact do not know everything." The demon replied.

"Snap out of it!" Bard said to a nearby villager. He put his hand on his shoulder. "What are you all doing?"

Right then lightning struck and illuminated the bloody corpse of Lord Berrymore. His eyes were white and sightless and one of his arms was missing. Finny and Mei-rin screamed. Ciel glanced at Sebastian and the faithful butler walked over to examine the corpse, particularly the missing limb. The villagers began to cry out in fear.

"Oh great demon hound!"

"Please! Please! Oh, please!"

"Demon hound! Please forgive us!"

That's when Angela fainted. She collapsed to the ground.

"Angela!" Finny gasped and quickly ran to her side.

Nyra glared down at the maid. What a faker. She did not recognize her at first but now that she did... well she just hope Angela wouldn't cause her any trouble. Otherwise she would have to be permanently... removed.

Once everyone was back at the house they were all in the dining room. It was still pouring rain outside.

"Well this is unfortunate master." Sebastian said with an amused smirk. "To think, all of this happening after the case was closed." He turned to look at the young master. "I'm sure you feel a bit annoyed?"

"Are you quite finished?" Ciel snapped.

"You love getting a rise out of him don't you birdbrain?" Nyra asked, smirking teasingly. "Where's Angela?" She asked.

"We left her resting up in her bed." Mei-rin said. "She seems tired, yes she does."

"It's too pitiful to watch, poor bird." Bard said.

"This village isolated itself completely from the rest of society out of fear for the demon hound's curse." Ciel said seriously. "I thought for certain that the demon hound was an illusion created by Lord Berrymore so he could more firmly rule the village. But with him dead I need to rethink things."

"He was covered in bite wounds. Maybe the villagers are right. Maybe it really was the demon hound." Bard said.

"Maybe he's upset about being blamed for Lord Henry's misdeeds." Mei-rin added.