The Trial of Witch Hunter Angela

I own nothing but my OC's. REVIEW! PLEASE! For more My Governess a Witch material, visit the Nyra Stark tumblr page. I will be posting this on there that you won't find anywhere else.

I also have ship name ideas for SebastianxNyra and WilliamxYanmei. I set up a poll on the Tumblr account so you can all vote on which one you like most. Also, let me know what you guys think of the blog, haven't got much feedback on that. For this chapter you're going to get more of an insight into witch society.

In the cool of the evening, they used to gather

'Neath the stars in the meadow circling an old oak tree
At the times appointed by the seasons
Of the earth and the phases of the moon

For once, Nyra wasn't the one singing. It was the other witches that had gathered, the Head Witches. Nyra was hosting a gathering at the most sacred location for witches. There was an island, an incredibly small one created by witches. It was located right where the prime meridian and equator met, right by the Gulf of Guinea by Africa. It was sacred to the witches and the warlocks and it was where all gatherings were held.

In the center, stood a woman
Equal with the others and respected for her worth
One of the many we call the witches
The healers and the teachers of the wisdom of the earth

All of the Sister Witches were present for the gathering as well as all of the Head Witches. Over one hundred of the most powerful witches and warlocks were present for the occasion. It wasn't a celebration or a ritual either. It was a trial for murderers, for enemies.

And the people grew through the knowledge she gave them
Herbs to heal their bodies, spells to make their spirits whole
Can't you hear them chanting healing incantations
Calling forth the wise ones, celebrating in dance and song

The island itself was inhabited by some of the most spiritually talented witches in the world. Masters of curses and spells, mostly from Africa due to its relative closeness. It was only through their layers upon layers of spells and charms that the island remained hidden from humans. it was also a center for worship. For any god or goddess a witch worshiped, there was a temple available. Roman, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Nordic, Aztec, Mayan, Native American, Egyptian and more. Even for Christianity, Buddhist, Muslim and Jewish followers, every witch had a place to worship.

Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, Innana

Every witch and warlock dressed to represent their own. But the Sister Witches were dressed most elaborately. Her dress was black but the skirt opened in the front, revealing delicate layers of green. From dark forest green that slowly got to sparkly mint green with each layer. The layers in the skirt itself were very flowy and lightweight to suit the climate better. The neckline was off the shoulder and revealed her necklaces. Her cuffs, neckline and the edges of the black part of her skirt were lined with black fur. She wore a black silk veil to shield her eyes and her identity. She wore several rings or different designs, bracelets and a pair of earrings, all with different European countries of origin and they were all set with emeralds. She also had a bow and arrow strapped to her back.

It was common for the Sister Witches to also bring weapons to the gatherings, the only for looks, to be seen as protectors and warriors. Nyra had actually practiced with it before she arrived and she was still a good shot. Though she could use swords she was better with a bow and arrow.