Dance with me

(Ashton's pov)

I waked up around seven in the morning to the sound of the alarm clock.

"Shit." I curse quietly. I forgot to cut off the alarm last night.

I hear Cece whine quietly and put a hand to her forehead. She's caught the cold Luke's had for a few days and she's had an awful headache along with it.

I told management that we needed a few days off from the studio while she got over it.

I reach over and quickly shut off the alarm before rolling back over.

"Ash?" Cece's voice is quiet and raspy from coughing. Her foggy grey eyes look up at me sleepily.

"Shh babe go back to sleep." I say softly. I kiss her forehead lightly, just like I would one of the boys. "I've got breakfast and none of the boys are up yet."

Cece, who would usually protest, simply nods and pulls the covers up under her chin as she rolls onto her side.

I smile softly as I shift out of the bed and head to the kitchen. I don't bother putting on a shirt, but I do pull on a pair of sweats.

The first thing I do is pour myself a cup of coffee. I sip on it as a start getting out the ingredients for breakfast. Me and the boys are having waffles and I'm making Cece a banana smoothie. It should feel good on her sour throat.

I've figured out the last few days that I'm surprisingly not shit at cooking. I had to call mom for help the first couple times, but I'm getting a lot better at it.

I've stirred up the batter for the waffles and I'm putting the first spoonful into the waffle maker when a quiet voice interrupts me.

"Daddy?"

I look over my shoulder and smile at Luke. He's rubbing his blue eyes with one hand and holding onto Pengy with the other. All he has on is one of my T-shirts and his nappy.

"Good morning pup." I say as I set down the batter bowl and walk over to pick him up.

He rests his head on my shoulder and lets out a small yawn.

"Let's get you changed. Yeah?" I say as I start to walk back to Luke's room. Luke nods with his head still on my shoulder.

I get his nappy changed and then start to get him out something to wear.

"Daddy can I stay in my pjs?" He asks in a quiet voice.

Luke's always quiet when he's in his headspace. Sometimes he won't talk at all.

"Baby boy you need to get dressed." I say. Luke sticks his bottom lip out and looks up at me with his big blue eyes, silently pleading. I sigh. "Alright. But just until breakfast is over."

Luke squeals at that and throws his arms around my neck.

"Shh." I say softly, putting a finger to my lips. "Mommy and your brothers are still asleep. Okay? So we have to be quiet."

"Okay daddy." He cups his hand and whispers into my ear.

I laugh slightly as I pick him back up and take us both back to the kitchen. When we get into the kitchen I realize that I forgot the first waffle in the waffle maker and it's smoking slightly.

"Shit!" I curse. I set Luke on the counter quickly and go to dump the now inedible waffle.

"Daddy! Bad word." Luke points an accusing finger at me.

"I know." I say as I pick him back up and kiss his cheek. "Sorry pup."

He smiles. " 's okay daddy."

"How bout we turn the radio on. Huh pup?" I ask as I walk over to it. Luke nods.

I turn it on and turn the volume down low so it won't wake up anyone else in the house.

Luke lets out an excited gasp and looks at me when it's one of our songs on the radio.

"Daddy that's me!" He says excitedly as he listens to himself sing through the speakers. I set him down on one of the bar stools near the radio.

"It sure is baby boy." I say as I walk back over to where I left the batter bowl on the counter.

I put another spoonful of batter into the waffle maker right as Luke slides off the bar stool and comes running over to me. He pulls on the hem of my shirt to get my attention.

"Daddy dance with me!" He says.

"Alright pup." I laugh a little as I pick him back up and start to dance around with the little boy on my hip. Luke giggles and holds onto me with his arms around my neck.

We finish the waffles and then I start on Cece's smoothie.

(Cece's pov)

I wake up almost an hour after Ash told me to go back to sleep. I make myself get out of bed and walk over to my dresser to grab a sports bra to put on before I head downstairs.

I yawn as I make my way down the stairs. The closer to the kitchen I get the better I can hear the radio. I hear the tail end of one of the boys' songs and then a one direction song starts playing.

I step up to the doorframe of the kitchen and rub my eyes before opening them all the way.

Ash is holding Luke on his hip and spinning the giggly little boy around the kitchen as the song starts to play. I see a stack of waffles setting on the counter and what looks like the ingredients for a smoothie in the blender.

I smile brightly at my boys.