the mask of yellow

a/n
hey ! thank you so much for nearly 5k views!! to thank you, i thought that i could improve this fanfic that i wrote a year ago as my writing has developed a lil bit. i hope you enjoy regardless and thank you for all of the support :)

The drop of my face and the pang of my heart, all for a reason I could not work out.

"Naruto? Are you alright?" Sakura asks me out of concern for my current demeanour contradicting my usual one.

Quickly, I put on a smile for her to regain the one she just lost for I don't want to pain anyone with the burden of my torment so I reply with a, "yeah I'm fine" and put my mask of yellow back on whilst I rush to Ichiraku Ramen.

After my second bowl, the realisation strikes as to why I am hugging the darkness.

"Sasuke..." I whisper unintentionally and a feeling of shock but warmth hits me as Sakura places her hand on top of mine.

"We'll get him back together" she says. I know she is trying to be strong, for my sake, however it sounds more like a plead.

"Naruto! Sakura!" Yamato sensei shouts whilst sprinting towards us from the crowd of Konoha.

"What's wrong?" I ask unaware of what lay ahead.

"It's Sasuke - he's at the hospital!"