C H A P T E R T W E L V E

Naruto's POV
"That's so thoughtful Sakura" I say and force a smile but you can hear that I'm annoyed in my voice so Sasuke holds my hand which helps me relax.

"Can I ask you guys something?" Sakura asks.

"Yeah sure" I say.

"Are you two together?"

I feel Sasuke's hand stiffen but I guess mine has too. We have both frozen.

"Yes" I finally say.

"Oh okay, I'm totally cool with it, I was just wondering because I saw you kissing the other day"

"Oh, right" I say.

"Happy birthday Sasuke" she says and gets up.

"Are you leaving?" Sasuke asks.

"Yeah, I'm tired and besides, you should have your time alone" she says and smiles.

"Oh okay, thank you for my present" he says and smiles.

"Bye Sakura" I say and smile.

After she's gone I lie down on the grass and Sasuke also lies down.

"Oh god" Sasuke says and sighs.

"Ya know, it's okay" I say and kiss his forehead making him smile.

"Besides, what did you get for me?" He asks and smirks.

"Here" I say and hand him a letter from my pocket.

It says:
Dear Sasuke,
Happy birthday my love. I hope you've had a good day with the people you care about. I want to thank you. Thank you for giving me a purpose in my life, thank you for saving me from the loneliness and darkness I was trapped in. The bond I have with you isn't like any I've had for my entire life. You make every second we've looked for you worth it as I wouldn't change you for the world. You're a beautiful person with a beautiful story, and you really are beautiful. Your dark hair with a blueish tint and your dark eyes make me so happy. Your voice makes me comfortable and I love the way you say my name. I love your smell and the way your hand feels when you're holding mine and the feel of your lips when they're against mine. I love everything about you, because I love you Sasuke. I love you so much and I hope that I can make you as happy as you make me. I hope I'm able to fill that hole in your heart where all the sadness is stored.
Thank you Sasuke, thank you for everything.

I see his eyes start to water whilst he reads the letter and a tear falls down when he finishes.

"Don't cry, you'll make me cry" I say.

"I love you Naruto"

"I love you too Sasuke"

A tear rolls down my cheek as this is the first time we've told each other this and he holds my face and kisses me. It's truly magical with the fireflies surrounding us.

I was wrong earlier on, this is my favourite place and my new favourite memory as I'm with the one I love.