colour

This can't be real. Pervy sage... he wouldn't just... he wouldn't just leave me! He wouldn't go this way!

"No" is all I can manage after a gulp. It's only when I sink into her sombre eyes that I realise that I truly have lost him.

I have lost the only one who believed in me, and I will never see him again.

My head pounds with this profound yelling repeating the same message that everything will go back to how it was back then, that I will be glanced at as a monster once more, that I will lose everything I have fought for: that I will be alone.

I can't manage these voices anymore so I stagger out of the building, past the dolorous eyes flickering towards me and out until I am connected to the ground as my legs give way quickly due to the chaotic agony in my mind, and I yell for him.

There are no birds in the sky, there are no children playing. Today, everything is still, today, everything is dead.

But he appears and I wince for I can almost sense him, just like you would sense the sun without intending to make contact with it. And his hand touches my my shoulder and for some reason a flicker of colour appears in this once black and white world, due to vanish when he lets go, however he doesn't. He doesn't let go of me and I collapse into his arms for that is the only place I can go to now, the place where the world is in colour.