C H A P T E R S I X

Naruto's POV
I can't believe that I've done this. Everything will be so confusing, but I don't care. Honestly, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Sasuke pulls away gently and I notice that he's turned a light pink. I would joke about it but I'm sure that my face is bright red right now.

"Naruto" he starts.

Sasuke and I will be together, with nothing in our way...

"It was a mistake" he says.

My mouth opens slightly at what he has said. I furrow my brows, pissed off at what has happened.

"A mistake, yeah" I say and look to the ground whilst Sasuke gets up.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"I'm going to protect the village my brother died for, I'm going to stay here" he says.

"Oh, okay"

And he's gone.

I hug my knees and cry in the meadow that I kissed the boy I loved, the same meadow that my heart was broken in.

***

After returning home I laid on my bed for a while, consumed by my thoughts of what had just happened.

Everything was ruined, it would be awkward and uncomfortable, I don't have a safe place anymore and I don't have a purpose. He doesn't like me and nobody else does and it's all my fault.

No, that's a lie. It's the first time I've ever had a bond like this, I know it's his first time too but he won't admit it. I won't give up so easily.

Sasuke will be mine.

I'm interrupted by someone knocking on the door. I get butterflies at the thought of it being Sasuke saying that he made a mistake but then I hear Sakura call my name and I sigh and open the door.

"Hey Sakura" I say, trying my best to sound upbeat like usual.

"Hey, do you know where Sasuke is?" She asks.

"No, I have no idea" I say, my voice automatically sounding pissed off.

"Did something happen between you two?"

"No, I'm just tired from staying up at the hospital" I say and rub my back which is something I do when I'm nervous.

"Oh um okay, bye" she says and smiles.

Sakura's POV
Something has happened between Naruto and Sasuke and now they're off one another.

I go to Lady Tsunade's office and am about to knock on the door when I see Sasuke walking out of there.

Everything is in slow motion as I haven't seen him for so long as last night he wasn't even conscious.

"Sasuke" I whisper without realising and he turns to me.

"Oh, Sakura" he says.

"Hi"

After some silence I think of something to ask him.

"What were you doing there?" I ask.

"Asking what group I'm in"

"You're... staying?" I ask shocked.

"Yeah"

"Who are you with?"

"You and Naruto"

YES SAKURA YOU'VE GOT THIS!

"Oh okay, did something happen between you and Naruto? He seems irritated, I mean normally it would be the other way round but-" I say but am interrupted by Sasuke.

"No, I have to go now, bye"

"Bye"

What happened? Did I annoy Sasuke?