the eradication of my being

Brushing his tears away with fury he shakes his head, "That was pathetic of me" and begins to chuckle.

"No - no please don't think so. I thought it was nice to see a more raw side to you, I - I didn't know if anything would make you feel anything other than hatred anymore"

"After all, vengeance is my gift" he mutters.

"Sasuke... I understand why you'd want to do this-"

"But do you really Naruto? Do you really have anything you'd kill for anymore?"

My gaze shifts to the ground and I can sense that his expression has softened and he's remorseful for what he said but the only thing that's been in my mind since the moment I knew it was here, finally escapes my lips:

"I have you" I mumble and I can feel a ferocious wave starting to drown me, but he reaches for me and I swear to god I couldn't even breathe in that moment, the only thing I can feel is our fingers intwining  and I know that I've fallen too deep that nothing will ever be the same, that I will never be able to escape.

But it's worth it for him.

Until he mutters the two words that I pleaded for him not to, whilst all I can manage is a blank expression in order to not eradicate completely: "I'm sorry"

"You didn't truly think that I could stay did you? I'm a rogue ninja Naruto- I- I'll never be able to retrieve my previous life" he starts to ramble.

"But you can Sasuke! You would've been taken already, had it not been this way" I say and reach for his hand again, this time his eyes aren't connecting with mine and the warmth that I felt is still there, but our eyes connect and all i can see is

g
          r
                   e
                             y.