Feelings

It was Monday morning, as Dave Seville was currently in his car, driving his three boys, Alvin, Simon,and Theodore, to school. Alvin, as usual, was groaning with frustration in the back seat.

"Oh why do we have to play the same song and dance?!" He complained, earning a glare from Dave through the rearview mirror.

"Now Alvin don't start! I want to start my day positively!"

"Oh? What's the occasion Dave?" Theodore asked.

Well you see, I was asked to record one of my newest songs in the studio later today! So I really need this to go swell!" Dave explained as Theodore gasped with excitement.

"That's fantastic, Dave! We wish you good luck!" Simon exclaimed, giving him a thumbs up.

"Yeah! Super special good luck!" Theodore giggled as Dave's car pulled up in front of the school.

"Thank you boys! I really appreciate it!" Dave said, sending a look at Alvin.

"Fun..." Alvin sarcastically said.
"But seriously, good luck with that..." He ended up saying as the three chipmunks hopped out of the car.

"Oh! Hold on a minute, Dave!" Simon ran over to the trunk of the car and opening it, taking out a model of...

"Ew...what is THAT supposed to be?" Alvin exclaimed, beginning to laugh. He earned a glare from Simon.

"For your information, it's a model of a eukaryotic cell! It's just a little piece of decoration for the science fair!" Simon explained.

"Well I think it's wonderful Simon!" Dave said. "Don't you agree, Alvin?"

"Yeah sure...gorgeous!.." Alvin tried to hold in his laughter.

••••••••

A few minutes later, the three chipmunks made their way through the hallway, heading towards their classroom.

"I still don't know why you built THAT!" Alvin exclaimed, still laughing at the model.

"Well! Someone seems to have something against eukaryotic cells..." Simon muttered, glaring at him once more.

"Seriously though! Just look at it! It's so...weird looking!"

"Well in case you didn't know, which I highly doubt you know, we inherit these types of cells in our own body!"

"WHAT?!" Theodore panicked. "You mean they're already INSIDE of us?!"

"N-No no, Theodore! These cells are good! T-The only difference with these kinds of cells is that they have a nucleus!" Simon quickly said, hoping to calm his little brother down."

"Oh! So they're not evil? Oh phew! That's a relief..." Theodore sighed.

"Yeah! At least these things aren't body snatchers!" Alvin shuddered.

"Ugh. Seriously Alvin? I thought we were over that!"

"I thought so too! This will be the first full day since that body snatcher left Brittany's body for good! We'll be back with the ol bossy, dramatic, and snobby Brittany in no time!"

"Alvin...don't you think it was better when Brittany was...you know...nice?" Theodore said, earning a gasp from Alvin.

"What?! No way! It was really creepy when she let us go in first! Not to mention the cookies she tried to toxicate-"

"Intoxicate..."

"INTOXICATE...us with!"

"Look Alvin, when it comes to stories, you become really gullible ! Not to mention you eventually come up with some crazy plans!"
Simon said, referring to their classmate Kevin, who had told Alvin all about the body snatchers.

"Simon Simon Simon..."
Alvin shook his head and put his hand on Simon's shoulder, making him slightly flinch.

"You just don't get it!"

"What don't I get exactly?" Simon questioned him.

"The fact that the body snatcher wanted one thing: Me! I mean, I know I'm irresistible and all! But to stoop so low as to wanting to destroy my FAMILY? How cruel!" Alvin dramatically said, removing a fake tear from his face.

"How awful..." Theodore sarcastically said, walking ahead from the two.

The three brothers stayed quiet during the rest of their walk. They reached a corner and were about to turn until suddenly, three familiar chipettes turned at the same time, startling them all.

"AAHHH!!!"

The sudden outburst made Simon almost drop his cell model.

The Chipmunks and Chipettes realized who they had encountered and sighed.

"Oh...it's you guys..." Brittany muttered, glancing away.

"Nice to see you too, Britt..." Alvin sarcastically said, scratching the back of his head.

The atmosphere was getting awkward. Jeanette couldn't take it! She looked to Eleanor for assistance but Ellie was glancing away, staring at the window.
Jeanette's gaze suddenly landed on Simon. He noticed her gaze and he gave her a shy smile.

"Oh! That's a really good model of the eukaryotic cell, Simon!" She suddenly said.

"H-Huh? O-Oh! Uh t-thanks! Finally someone who knows what it is..." Simon mumbled that last part, sending a glare towards Alvin.

"And to think that there's a MILLION of those things inside of us!"

"EW! We have THAT in our bodies?!" Brittany shrieked. "Ugh! It so...gross looking!"

RIIINNGGG

At that moment, the bell had ring, signaling that class was about to begin. The six chipmunks began to make their way inside. As Jeanette was about to enter the classroom, she felt a hand being placed on her shoulder.

It was Simon.

"S-So uh...I assume Brittany told you about...you know what..." He asked. Jeanette nodded in response.

"Yup...she told us this morning."

"Ah...Well...don't worry about it. I know for a fact that body snatchers do not exist." He chuckled.

"Tell that to Brittany..." She smiled as they both made their way inside.