Symphony

Soon, the afternoon turned into evening, as Dave was currently setting up tonight's dinner, which consisted of roast chicken with a side of mashed potatoes. A huge grin was placed upon his face, for he had received a call earlier from the school's principal, asking for a special request from Dave himself. Dave had been really happy to receive such an opportunity, not only for him, but for his boys as well. He knew how talented Alvin, Simon, and Theodore are, and this opportunity would really benefit them.

"Boys! Dinner is ready!" Dave called out, taking his seat at the dinner table. Soon, the three chipmunks made their way downstairs into the kitchen, taking their seats at the table. Simon sat next to Dave, while Alvin and Theodore sat across from them.

"Oh boy! Chicken and potatoes!" Theodore happily gasped at the sight of the food. He began to pour some of it on his plate, ready to chow down.

"Whenever we have chicken and potatoes together on the same night, Dave is in a good mood.." Alvin smirked.

"So what's the occasion, Dave?" Simon asked as he began getting some food as well.

"Well, boys...you're not going to believe who I got a call from earlier!" Dave began to explain, a grin already forming on his face.

"Oh no, not Ms. Croner AGAIN!" Alvin began to panic, "If it's about the cat, tell her I'll deal with it tomorrow!"

"No. Alvin.. It was not Ms. Croner!" Dave shook his head, "but you're going to have to tell me about this cat later..."

Alvin let out a sigh of relief, knowing he was not going to have to hear more of Ms. Croner's complaining for a while.

"Actually, it was your school principal-"

"Oh boy, did Alvin do something AGAIN?" Theodore sighed, rolling his eyes at the said brother.

"Actually, Theodore-"

"Now why would Dave be happy to get a call about me getting in trouble?" Alvin quickly interjected.

"Boys, if you could just listen-"

"You know, if I were you, I'd stop throwing wet paper balls onto the bathroom ceiling!" Simon crossed his arms, agitated. At this point, Dave was ready to yell.

"GUYS!"

"What!?" The chipmunks exclaimed in unison. Dave held a blank expression for a second, before shaking his head and getting back to what he was trying to say.

"I've been trying to tell you that we have a gig! Principal Perkins called to ask me if you three could perform at the school's dance this Friday, and I happily accepted!"

The three chipmunks were now in shock. Alvin and Theodore then formed huge grins on their faces, just as Dave did earlier. However, Simon quickly shook his head.

"H-Hold on a minute...Don't you think that's too soon? I mean, the dance is 2 days away!" He exclaimed.

"Yes I know it is a bit too soon," Dave explained, "But you guys are all smart. I'm sure you'll learn some songs by the time the dance rolls around!"

"Yeah! Besides, We've performed before!" Alvin added, "We could easily wing it!" He finished as he took a bite of the potatoes.

"Now let's not resort to that, Alvin,,," Dave nervously chuckled as he drank out of a glass of water.

"Dave's right." Theodore nodded, "and, we can even ask the girls to help us! It's always fun when we all perform together!"

"Yeah, until Brittany decides to hog the spotlight." Alvin rolled his eyes in annoyance, knowing how the pink cladded chipette can get while performing.