Bored to death

It's a long way back from seventeen.

I feel like I'm back at being seventeen again.

We used to laughed together.

We used to watch TV together.

We used to play games together.

We used to play outside together.

We grew up together.

We are brothers.

.....

We were brothers.

~~~~~~~~

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling as my boyfriend tells me to get up. It's been a week and I haven't left bed that much. Only to pee, eat something small and drink water. I haven't showered in a week. I haven't posted anything on YouTube in a week. My editor post a video on the channel explaining what happened and that it will be awhile till I get back on track.

"Jack. Get the fuck up and do something productive with your stupid life. " says Luke, my once was a great boyfriend till my life crumbled once again.

I haven't spoke in a week. Only hums and cries escape at nights and early mornings.

I sit up very slowly and look at Luke. I stand up very slowly and walk up to him. He smiles at me like he used.

"Pack up your shit and get out of my life." I whisper to him. Shock written across his face.

"Jac-"

"What did I just say? Leave. Please. We are done. I am done with your bull shit. My brother just died and I'm a fucking wreck. You are no help to me. I don't need you telling me to do things. I'm twenty two years old. I'll deal with myself on my own. " I said with tears rushing again. He stands there and nods guilty like.

Suck up.. Trying to make me feel bad when it's not going to work.

We've been dating for three months and there is no connection anymore.

I'm sick of love.

I'm sick of death.

I'm tired of losing everyone I love.

~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later

"Seán?!"

I hear Mark come in. I'm still in bed. Still grieving. Still sad.

My door opens and Mark pops his head in my room. He see me rub my eyes and comes in.

"Hey Seán.." He says softly as if he raises his voice, I might break.

I wave my hand in a greeting. He sits on the edge of my bed.

"When is the last time you took a bath? "

I shrug my shoulders. He simply sighs softly and gets up; walking to my bathroom; turns on the lights and turns on the water. Filling the tub with water and soap. Bubble baths. I remember taking those as a kid. Mom sometimes would make him give me a bath when she would be out doing things. Bubble baths were something I simply loved when I was younger. He liked them too.