Chapter 1

Chapter 1

AMBER POV

RUN

Running is the only thing that I can do right now, knowing that those idiots are chasing me down. I have no other choice but to run away from them, my family, my pack. They don't want me to be apart of their pack. A slave, yes, but a pack-mate, not after what the doctors told my parents. Every male wolf shifts on his 14th birthday, and every she-wolf shifts on her 16th birthday.

I was very excited when my 16th birthday rolled by. I was very excited to see what color my wolf would be. I was hoping that it would be blonde because I have blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. Anyways, when the moment came for me to shift, midnight, I didn't.

I sat there for hours, but nothing happened. My parents looked concerned, and I foolishly assumed that they cared so much about me to worry about me like this. Little did I know that this was mainly the fear of their reputation seeping through. They took me to our pack doctor, Dr. Toby, and he informed us that I had a numbed wolf, meaning that I had little or no chance of ever shifting into my wolf.

To me, he looked as if he was hiding something, but I once again let it foolishly pass by not giving it a second thought. My parents began ignore me, and my so called "friends" made fun of me.

I was all alone as this point, causing me to go to self harm. My parents eventually gave me to the alpha, Alpha Robert, as a personal slave. He used for everything around his mansion of a house.

I had to clean, cook, shop for food, and sew ripped clothes. He would always beat me whenever I did something wrong, and the word of my slavery towards the alpha got around, and they too started to beat me. I lived like this until I was 18. I was determined to leave now. I just needed to wait for the right moment.

This night, the night that I am running away at this very moment, a house party is going on. Knowing that everyone would get drunk, I used this as an opportunity to escape, and the plan worked, until I got about 4 hours away from the pack.

Word must of spread of my disappearance, because now I had about 5 wolves from my pack chasing me. I honestly don't know how I was running this fast. It was as if I was running at an inhuman speed.

Numb wolves usually don't get any werewolf abilities, so this was extremely weird for me. Once I knew that I had lost them, I collapsed underneath a willow tree trying to obtain any air from the surrounding atmosphere.

Soon, I heard a sickening crack. It sounded as if someone had taken their leg and snapped it in half. Not long after that, my entire body roared in burning pain. This was the most pain that I have ever felt. Alpha Robert's beating felt nice compared to this. Then, my entire body starting cracking and snapping, as if trying to rearrange itself.

Then, the thought finally hit my like a ton of bricks, I was shifting. All those years of verbal abuse, beatings, being sold as a slave, were for nothing. Finally, the pain, cracking, and snapping had stopped, and I no longer felt human, the main reason being that I was now walking around on four legs. I rush over to a nearby pond wanted ever so much to know what my wolf looks like. As I near the pond, I hear a twig snap.

Not paying much attention to it, I take a glance down in the lake to have a look at my reflection. Staring back at me was a wolf as white as snow and eyes as blue as the sky above during the daytime.

Even my nose was a pink color, not a normal black wolf nose. The stories and legends were all true, I was one of these creatures, the Albino She-Wolf. Yes, werewolves can be albino, but only females related to the moon goddess obtained this gift.

I looked purer that any other albino wolf that I have ever seen. Every other albino, which is not many considering that they are very rare, always had a black dot somewhere, but I didn't. I was pure. Suddenly, another twig snapped, and this time it brought my full attention to the area where the noise came from.