Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Zack POV

After such unexpected news, Amber and I headed back to our room to make sure that everything that needed to be turned off was, of course, turned off. We exited the room, I now in my formal attire and attitude, and Amber with her serious, but a hidden afraid emotion.

We had to drive about 10 minutes to head over to the council department, where we had an elegant ball room along with the main office where all of our major meetings are held.

The ball room is mainly to keep the women happy while the men get down to our serious business, but unfortuantly, Amber will have no choice but to be apart of our horrid meetings. You see, the elders have some sort of a tempur. If you set them off in the wrong way, they can have you punished, or even killed, alpha or not.

They have our upmost respect about anything, and what they say is what we are forced to do, no matter how bad of a plan it is. Luckily, the elders are very good with coming up with wise plans, so us alphas have to worry very little. Once we approach and enter into my car, I can sense my mate's worried emotion, even though she has not had my claim upon her neck quite yet, so it must be coming off of her in heavy waves.

I needed to find a way to calm her down before the meeting, for the elders dislike weak amoung their meeting group.

"Love, why the worried face?" I asked my sweet little Amber, who now looks as if she is about to cry.

"I'm just scared about everything that has happened." She replies in a hushed whisper.

I can understand in her point of view why she is so shookin up from all of this. First, her lone-wolf pack is attacked by a clan of vampires, very possibly the same ones as now. She is taken in by a warming mother, but a dad who hates her guts.

It also didn't help that she was albino, making her seem like a numbed wolf during teenage years, and causing her parents to sell her over to the alpha, which makes me and my wolf boil. All of the abuse she had to suffer, while I got to live my life as a normal teen, only having to train a little more because of my alpha title.

I couln't help but to fell guilty about all of this. She was my mate, and I haven't been there for her. It makes me so mad. I can only respond to her with the only two words that can come out of my mouth.

"I know." I say, before backing out of the driveway, passing the large gate for security purposes.

I punch in my lock pass number, 4-3-0-5-9-2, before it clicks open and opens with a loud moaning sound. I exit my property and head to the council department.

We didn't speak to each other during the entire ride there, but the silence was bearing. After about 10 minutes, we finally make it to the large security blocked gate that blocks the outside world from the council's inside world.

They actually didn't have their usual number of men on patrol today, just around 15, which is small to the usual 50. The largest and tallest one approaches my car, so I roll down the window and wait for his words to come out of his mouth.

"State your name and reason for attending this meeting." the guard simply said holding a notebook, which probably has the names of everyone outside of the gate that are attending this meeting.

"Alpha Zackary Fuller of the Blue-Moon Pack, and my mate, Amber Vincent." I state with my alpha voice.

I watch as he checks his notebook before glancing back up to Amber and I. "Very well, continue." he replied before heading back to the lock and typing in the code to open the doors.