Guilt Aftermath

So I've been waiting for the new season to start to get ideas on something to write.. here is a little scene after 4x02. Hope you enjoy :)Thanks for commenting, again please leave comments/messages about feedback.

*Stef POV*

Just looking at the faces on my wife and kids, I know we all need reassurance. It was my job to make sure no one was in the house and now my baby was hurt. How could i have missed him? I turn over to see my love Lena's face and she glances at me. Her face has worry written all over it. She wants to get a security system installed at the house to ease her fear which I understand. I finally break the silence once the cop car pulls out, taking Nick away. 

"Okay troops, lets all get inside and get some well deserved rest." 

"Mom its not even night out.." Jesus points out to me. "I know but we have all had a rough couple of days so I would like it if you all would at least lay low and relaxed. You may not feel it now but this whole situation has made you all tired," I try to convince them. 

Lena adds, "Mom is right, who's up for another family movie?" Suddenly everyone rushes to their respective rooms for some down time. I look over to my wife and can't help but smile. "You know they hate spending time with us now right?" 

"Yeah but it could help them feel safe," she adds. "Love, it's going to take way more than a cartoon movie," I say and she smiles at me. We walk into the house and I make sure to lock the doors. 

"How about I make us some tea and you go upstairs and change into something comfy so we can take a nap too?"

"No we should be with the kids and comforting them." 

"sweetheart, the kids are safe, Nick is gone and I still have a cop sitting out until I give  him the okay that we are fine with being alone." 

"But Mariana..." she starts but I cut her off with, "Go upstairs and get comfortable, I will meet you up there in 5 minutes." Before  she has a chance to leave and walk up the stairs, I pull at her wrist and say "I love you" but she just gives me a half smile and continues upstairs. 

While the water for the tea is heating up, I go double check on all the doors and the kids rooms even though I know Lena already did. They all decided to stay in Jesus and Jude's room, since the incident happened in Mariana's room. They are all watching some ridiculous meaningless videos on Youtube which I usually reprimand them for but today, I'm happy that it will distract their minds for a bit. I miss Brandon but I know I can't make him stay anymore. I double check on the locks one more time then get the tea and head to Lena. 

When I open the door, I see Lena sitting in the middle of the bed crying. But I saw it coming because she was masking her emotions all day to be strong for Mariana. I rush to the bed and hold on to her as tight as i can. She continues to cry quietly  into my shoulder as I rub her arms. Her breathing evens out and she says, "my baby needed me and there was nothing that I could do." 

I hold her tighter and whisper in her ear that she did everything she could and Mariana is just fine to ease her guilt. I pass her the tea so she can drink slowly and relax. I slowly get up to strip to put on leggings and a t-shirt to be comfortable. When I sit back down, Lena lays her head on my lap and I gently play with her hair. She is starting to doze off. Right before I think she is off to sleep, she shifts to give me a quick peck and says, "I love you too Mrs. Adams Foster." And with that she is off to sleep.