Happy tonight

Thanks so much for reading my stories! As I said I'm new to fanfic but I'd love to read your comments and requests! <3 this is from S1, end of episode 13

Lena POV

"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was your day?"

I couldn't tell her so I just said my usual. I wanna tell her how I'm terrified that she's working again. I wanna tell her that every time she's out of my sight I get a bit paranoid. I wanna tell her the little episode I had today at work.

She's talking about her day but I'm honestly not listening. But I don't want to stop her from doing what she loves. I know it must be tough on her too! I can only imagine the things she sees while she's working. Also how she feels going back to work. I smile to myself thinking of how brave she is by going back after the shooting.

She slowly gets into bed and I can tell she's tired. All I want to do is cuddle with her and tell her everything that's on my mind but I don't want to upset her. So I take my remote and move up while I grab my book.

"Goodnight love" I hear her say after she's gotten comfy. I pause a little. Hesitant to just call her attention and say what I want to say. But I simply reply "goodnight babe"

It's only been like 10 minutes after so I'm hoping she's not sleeping. I put my book down, turn off the lamp, and bring my bed back down. I start to spoon her and I feel her grab my arms to make them tighter around her. That's when I realize somethings up with her.

"Babe, are you alright?"

"Mm, I just needed to feel you close to me, I miss you" she's right. We haven't really been that close lately and I feel guilty.

" I know babe. I'm right here I promise." I feel her smile as I say that and I smile too.

"I love you mrs. Adams foster"

"I love you mrs. Adams foster" and with those words, we stay in that position and close our eyes. And I know we are falling asleep happy tonight..