Chapter 6 - You Promised

"So my dad wants to get to know you better." I spoke as I sat down at my desk where all my school work was laid out.

"That's awesome! I'll show him how great I am and then we can be together." Dimitri exclaimed as he laid down on my bed, propping himself up on one elbow, facing me.

I picked up my pencil and started taking notes as I was before. "But Dimitri, remember this is the one chance we get. We can't blow this up. You have to make my dad like you." I said with a worried tone in my voice as this could end really badly if we weren't careful.

"I understand that Izzie and I'll be extra careful. Is there anything I should know about your dad? In fact, toss me a paper and pen, I'm going to take notes on your dad." He spoke seriously as he got up and walked towards me.

I looked up at him with a smile, loving how seriously he was taking this. It showed how much he cared about us and how much he wanted this to work.

Dimitri suddenly wrapped his right arm around my waist and his left arm under my legs. He then proceeded to pick me up, before taking a seat in my chair. He placed me down onto his lap with his left arm wrapped around my waist. "There, now we can both sit together and work." He said with a cute smile on his face. I grinned back at him before kissing his cheek.

Any anger and annoyance that I had previously felt for what he did to me vanished in an instant. All I could feel was love.

He grabbed a notebook and a glitter pen. He raised his eyebrows in amusement at the pen before looking at me. "I like glitter pens!" I exclaimed with a pout. He raised his hands in surrender before leaning in to kiss my pout.

He then uncapped the pen and sat poised to write. "Okay so we know your dad doesn't like me because I hurt you. Not only that but I've been killing humans for quite a while now." He spoke as he jot those things down. "Okay so how do we make him like me? Looking at this, this seems impossible. But you've taught me a very valuable lesson Izzie. It's that, even the impossible is possible, if you want something hard enough. I want you pretty damn badly and so I know I can get your dad to like me."

I smiled up at him, reaching up to stroke his jaw in a loving manner. I could feel the slight stubble on his face brushing against the skin of my hand. It felt wonderful. "So what do you say Izzie? What kind of man does your dad want for you?"

"Well, someone who'll love me-" I started off when Dimitri interrupted me.

"Check. I love you more than anything." He spoke causing me to smile as I continued.

"Someone who'll keep me safe and protected from the dangers of the world." I continued on.

"Check. I'll protect you from everything." He spoke as he wrote these things down, placing a little check mark beside them if he already does them.

"Someone who has my best interests at heart." I kept speaking, thinking of all the things my dad has told me about the guy he wants me to be with.

"Check."

I racked my brain for whatever else my dad has said. "Someone who won't leave me heartbroken." I said recalling what he had said earlier.

"Check." Dimitri said placing another little check mark. "Anything else?"

"That's about it. Oh and he wants me to be with a guy who has a good future. Someone who can provide for me essentially, but I find that a bit sexist as I can take care of myself. But whatever pleases my dad at this point, I just want to be with you." I said watching Dimitri continue to write the list.