Chapter 10 - Phone Call

A few weeks had passed and my dad had really warmed up to Dimitri. In fact, my dad got pretty excited when Dimitri came over, even though he'd never admit it. He was interested in the way politics worked in Rovana and Dimitri of course loved any chance he could get to talk about his Kingdom. You could tell just how much he loved his Kingdom and how passionate he was about protecting Rovana and keeping his Kingdom together.

My dad and Dimitri would talk for hours at a time discussing politics, comparing Earth and Rovana, teaching each other the different ways of the both worlds. I could tell my dad was really warming up to Dimitri and seeing him for the person he truly was, and not the scary Demon King that Earth had feared for so long.

It had come to the point that my Dad didn't care if I spent time alone with Dimitri anymore. It was like he suddenly trusted him and I couldn't blame him for trusting Dimitri so fast. Dimitri was an honourable man, and honestly who wouldn't love him as soon as they got to truly know him.

"Why don't you invite Dimitri anymore for dinner?" My dad asked me while I sat in my room, cramming for my exams. I quirked my eyebrows in amusement before removing my glasses.

"Why? So you can hog him to yourself?" I teased and my dad shook his head in amusement.

"Actually I wanted to discuss a theory with him that I had about the way Rovana-"

"Oh my god Dad, you're obsessed with Rovana! Honestly just go live there!" I exclaimed in amusement, cutting off his words, causing him to chuckle. "But I did ask him to come, I've been asking him to come for the past week, but he's so busy with Rovana that I haven't seen him for a whole week! And I guess I've been busy with school as well so it worked out for both of us. But it must be hard for him to keep coming back and forth from Rovana to Earth and back again, every single day. I mean he does have a whole Kingdom to look after."

"That's true, but I don't want him choosing his Kingdom over you all the time." My dad spoke in a stern voice. "Make sure he makes effort to see you too."

"Don't worry Dad, Dimitri cares a lot about me." I said with a small smile and my Dad smiled back.

"I know he does." He said before leaving me to continue studying for my exam tomorrow morning. It was my last one and I was so glad I'd finally be done with high school. I then just had my graduation left and I was so excited for it. I went shopping with Nina and we both bought our graduation dresses together.

Dimitri said he'd be busy for the next week or so but he promised he'd make it to my graduation. I wanted my graduation day to come faster because I knew I wouldn't see Dimitri until then.

*****
~The next day~

I had just finished my exams and I was so relieved as the stress melted off my skin. I could finally relax and relish in the next two months of freedom before University started.

I was emptying out my locker and once I was done, I grabbed my bag and almost bumped into someone. I let out a small gasp and looked up to find Tyler, the new guy. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He said with a small chuckle and I let out a little laugh, pulling my bag up over my shoulder.

"It's okay, I just didn't expect anyone to be standing right behind me." I said as we both started walking out the school. We started talking about our exams before a thought came into mind.

"Didn't you just recently move here?" I asked and he nodded his head, and I could tell he wasn't sure where I was going with this. "Why would you move right at the end of the school year? It must be hard to make such a sudden move, right when we're graduating." I said, looking up to him for an answer.