Chapter 22 - The Letter

Dimitri didn't come back for a couple days. I wondered where he was as I expected him to come for his payment. Did he remember everything when he became sober again and that's why he didn't want to see me?

One morning, one of the maids came and told me that Queen Jennifer wanted me to come and eat breakfast with them. I was hesitant because I had no idea why she wanted that but I had no choice but to listen. As I followed the maid, I wondered if Jennifer knew the amount of times Dimitri came and slept with me whilst being married to her.

Maybe they didn't have a seriously dedicated relationship and he only married her because he needed a Queen. After all, Devon told me how cold-hearted he's become so I doubt he felt anything for Jennifer.

The thought made me a little happy if it was true. I really did hope he only married her because he needed a Queen and she was simply an easy choice.

I finally reached the dining room where everyone stood by their chairs. I noticed Dimitri wasn't here yet as his seat was empty, but Queen Jennifer was and she was standing beside Dimitri's chair. "Good morning, Isabella." Jennifer greeted me and she gave me a small smile as I greeted her back, surprised she was genuinely being nice. Maybe that was her way of mocking me, or she just didn't care because she got Dimitri and I didn't. "No ones allowed to sit until the King comes. Not even the Queen." The maid whispered to me and I nodded my head at her before she left.

Eventually Dimitri showed up and he looked really tired, annoyed and angry. He thankfully didn't notice me yet as everyone said, "Good morning King Dimitri." He ignored everyone before taking his seat and pulling Jennifer into his lap.

I felt a lot of jealousy surge through me as Jennifer sat in his lap, pulling him in for a little kiss. She then pressed little kisses on his jaw before whispering something in his ear. I noticed Dimitri's mouth quirk up in amusement for a second before it settled back down into a glare.

I quietly watched them throughout the entire breakfast, stewing in jealousy. This was why Jennifer brought me here, because she knew I'd be jealous. I was just glad Dimitri hadn't noticed me yet.

I could barely eat as Jennifer and Dimitri interacted with each other. I could tell Jennifer was crazy in love with him but unfortunately for her, Dimitri clearly didn't feel the same. I did, however notice, that Dimitri was nice to her. It made sense since they had been childhood friends and he probably did care about her to some extent. And it showed.

I was so jealous as I tried to focus on my breakfast but I kept looking back at them. "Let me feed my King." She said smiling up at him as he shook his head, saying it was okay and that he could feed himself. "No, please, let me." She said and he looked down at her, staring in silence.

"You always feed me, aren't you tired of it?" He asked and she shook her head, kissing his cheek.

"Never. I love you." She said as she brought the spoon to his mouth, feeding him. I watched her feed him, wishing it was me instead of her.

Once they were done eating, Dimitri gave her a small kiss before she got off of him. And that's when he noticed me. He froze completely as his whole face transformed into anger. "What the fuck is she doing here?" He growled as Jennifer grabbed his hand.

"I asked her to come. I didn't think it was good to keep her locked for so long and-"

"Did you ask me?" He demanded as I noticed fear in her eyes, along with everyone else at the dining table. "Did you fucking ask me?" He said as he angrily threw his plates off the table, causing them to fall to the ground and break.