Chapter 19 - Lost Words

"What are you saying Tyler?" I asked as the tears kept sliding. He couldn't look at me as he stared down at the bed.

"I... I... Dimitri was coming over to your house. It was the day after he proposed to you. Nina had told me what happened and I was coming too, to see how you were doing. And I saw him, he was coming to see you too and he had a huge bouquet of flowers in his hands and all this other stuff. I got jealous Isabella, I wanted you. I was happy you rejected him but I knew you loved him and Nina told me that she talked to you earlier in the morning and that you were going to say yes. She said you tried calling Dimitri but he didn't pick up. Well that was probably because he was busy getting you flowers and all this other shit." Tyler spoke as I listened eagerly. "Anyways I got jealous and I grabbed this random human girl walking by on the street. And I changed her outer appearance to make her look like you."

"What kind of nonsense is this!" I exclaimed. What bullshit was he feeding me? How could he make some random girl look like me?

"I'm half-human and half-demon Isabella. I have rare Demon powers such as changing people and making them look like someone else. I don't ever use them but I did this time. I let my jealousy get too far. I started making out with this girl that I made look like you and she fortunately for me, didn't push me away and responded to my kissing. And well, Dimitri saw, thought you were cheating on him and left." He said as I stared at him in pure shock.

I think I sat frozen for a good five minutes not being able to process what he just told me. Dimitri thought I cheated on him. Tyler was half-demon and half-human with crazy manipulating powers. He made us think we cheated on the other.

"Why did you invite Dimitri to the party? Why did Jennifer tell me that Dimitri and her have been fucking since way before I caught them? Why Tyler why?" I was yelling at this point wanting answers.

"I invited him to please you." He said in an ashamed voice. "I wanted to show you I'd do anything you want, I'd help you through anything, I'd support you. I fucked up I know! I didn't think he'd show up but he did and he brought Jennifer with him."

"You told me Dimitri was there! You made me look for him while knowing he was here with Jennifer. Did you want to hurt me so badly? And you never told me why Jennifer said they've been fucking since way before!" I was yelling angrily now, as I furiously wiped my tears away.

He looked even more ashamed now. "As soon as Jennifer saw you enter the party, she quickly took Dimitri to the side. Then I heard her say, 'Isabella's here, let's show her that you don't care about her and that you never did.' They never fucked. Dimitri never cheated on you, that was just a front they put up in front of you because they thought you cheated on him." He spoke quietly and I buried my face in my hands.

I needed time to process this. Dimitri thought I cheated on him and he was heartbroken, all because of Tyler. Then Dimitri kissed Jennifer as a way to show me he didn't care about me, because he was hurt. He never cheated on me and we both suffered the past three years in heartbreak, thinking the other cheated. God, this was so messed up.

We could have been together the past three years. We could have been married and happy, but instead we suffered so much heartbreak.

I was so angry, I couldn't believe this.

"I hate you Tyler!" I exclaimed as I slapped him across the face before breaking down into sobs.

He held the side of his face in shame as he stared down at the bed. I can't believe he did that to Dimitri and I. He ruined our lives! And I can't believe I slept with this sorry excuse of a man. I can't believe I thought I could love him.