Chapter Three

"State everything as you remember not as you've been told" Daniel starts. "State your name please?"

"Halia Montgomery" I answer.

Doctor Daniel then writes my answer down on a chart.

"Relationship?"

"Single"

"Today's date?"

"August 2015"

"Age?"

"Twenty"

"Whose our president?"

"Obama"

"Have you started remembering anything?" he asks.

"don't touch me!" I screamed, pushing an unknown figure away from me.

"She's gone!" I cried.

"I will always love you," a deep voice told me, taking a step back.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asks.

"Yeah, I just...I've been getting flashbacks..." I explain. "Nothing that makes much sense"

He nods again.

"That's too be expected" he admits, "I think you should go home...you're physically better than okay and who knows how your memory will progress. After all, it won't miraculously come back to this hospital. Being in the outside world will be good for you"

I smile in both nervousness and excitement. When I leave this hospital, I won't be returning to the world that I grew accustomed too — I will be meeting an entirely foreign planet.

******

Caroline picked me up from the hospital soon after the specialist's evaluation. I slid into the front seat of her car, looking up at my baby sister as she reversed out of the parking lot. I stare at her, my eyes wide open in curiosity.

"What is it?" Caroline cocks a brow.

"I've never seen you drive before" I explain.

"Right" she nods.

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking out the window.

That's when I see my apartment building, standing at ten floors. I've been living there since I was eighteen years old. It's close to Boston College where I'm majoring in physiology and general science.

"To my place" Caroline responds.

"No, Pull over!" I beg, my eyes focused on the window of my apartment.

"hang on"

"Pull over" I repeat.

"Okay!" And she does so.

As soon as the car came to a Hoult, I swing the door open and run the building, with Caroline behind me. I walk towards the staircase while Caroline standing in front of the elevator, pressing the up button repeatedly.

"It doesn't work" I shout over my shoulder before running up the staircase.

"Halia!" I heard Caroline call.

I hear her loud footsteps pounding behind me when I finally arrive at the sixth floor. I swing my fist against the door and wait.

The apartment door creeps open slowly, where we find a young woman with a bright smile.

"I'm sorry to be disturbing you but-" Caroline starts.

"Halia?" Her eyes are wide, "I haven't seen you since I moved in"