Chapter Nine

I enter the hotel room slowly refusing to so much as long around.

"What did Dean do?" I remember the conversation I just had with Daniel.

What did he do?

I take a seat on the ledge of the queen size bed before pulling my phone out of my handbag. There have to be clues on here. The first place I go to is my notes. The earliest note was three months ago, it had names of TV shows to watch.

The next note is interesting, it has things written about the baby. Due dates, thoughts, cravings, how often I was throwing. I Never deleted it.

I then read another one.

4 of April chocolate cake, pink party hats, small party.

This note made no sense, it sounded like a birthday party of some sort that I was planning but whose could it be?

Suddenly I get a phone notification, telling me my phone is already on 20% charge. I dig through my handbag where I find the charger and plug my phone into the wall.

My abdomen starts to ache, making me realise I haven't used the bathroom all day. I ignore it and continue to search for my phone. After overanalysing every note on my phone, I move on to my photos.

The last photo I took was of Daniel holding a baby girl. I soften my eyes. How can I stay mad at him? Maybe his intentions aren't all bad. Maybe it's me whose heart is scarred. The next photo is of me holding the same baby. I wonder whose baby this is. That's when I check the date: April fourth. This photo must have been taken at that party I was helping someone plan.

I zoom in on myself. It's funny how so unfamiliar I am with my own face. I feel like I'm looking at a stranger. A woman I've never met, let alone the woman I was — or am. This girl had seen some shit. I never thought I'd say that about myself but I just know it to be fact. Something deep in my bones is telling me that the reason Daniel doesn't want me to remember, is the same reason I look like I haven't slept in days. I think something happened to me in the last six years that not even Daniel could fix.

The truth is, I don't have any idea who I am. Hell, I don't even know what my job is or who my friends are...wait! I've got my phone with all my contacts, photos and....memories.

I Quickly go to my phone contacts, where I find a list of the people closes to me in today world. I found Chace, Daniel, Caroline, dad and hanks numbers. That's when I find the list of people I don't know. Meredith, Penelope, Jasmin, Kyle, Blake, Jane. Somehow the name Jane is supposed to mean something to me but what? Who was she?

I move to social media. My Facebook and Instagram accounts are still here. I clench my jaw in frustration when I find that my Instagram solely has nature shots and old selfies. I click on photos I'm tagged in to find group photos with people I don't know.

Ugh, this is hopeless.

When I go to my Facebook, it asks for my username and password. After a few tries at my password, it locks me out of my account. I groan, frustrated. How can I not know my passwords? I then move my eyes to the time, at the corner of my screen.

Four am.

I get up from the hotel bed slowly, my heart racing and my hands shaking from nerves. When I get to the bathroom, I splash water across my aged face. I study my reflection in the mirror, looking into my own eyes when suddenly, everything goes black.

We met at a college party. He was six-one, with a jaw so sharp that it could cut anyone that got to close. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown. Whenever he looked at me, I melted. Maybe it was the danger that I yearned for. Maybe he made things exciting.

We locked eyes. At that moment our minds were perfectly synced. We both knew exactly what we wanted and it was each other. Love or a relationship wasn't in the contract. Neither of us were looking for it.

He followed me into the bathroom, he locked the door behind him before pushing me against the wall. We didn't speak. I didn't know his name and he didn't know mine. I lifted my skirt and he unzipped his fly. He was fast and rough and it was purely fun.

We met each other the same way, the following week — and then the week after that — and the week after that.

"Let me take you out on a date," he said with one of those perfect smiles while picking my t-shirt up from the bathroom floor.

"How bout you tell me your name first?" I teased.

"Dean Walker" he licked his lips.

My eyes jolt open in horror.

Dean?