Part 1

HI EVERYONE!
THIS IS MY FIRST STORY THAT I'VE DECIDED TO PUBLISH.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE IT!

***
Twas a cold stormy winter night when Juliet Bucket stormed through the slanted front door, finally home from a long day working at the Fickelgruber ice cream shop. She struggled slightly as she closed the old wooden door, the strong gusts of icy wind proving to be difficult.

"Good evening Buckets!" She hollered with a beaming grin.

The four elder residents all jumped in their small bed that they shared.

Grandpa George, Grandma Georgina, Grandpa Joe and Grandma Josephine waved back with small 'hello's' and 'good evening's' along with a small 'scared the living daylights outta me' to which Juliet snickered.

Mrs Bucket smiled to her daughter as she remained in the small collapsing kitchen making lettuce soup, as they've been having for many nights.

Charlie came down hastily and lunged for his big sister, catching her in the biggest bear hug he could manage for an 11 year old.

Juliet's angelic laugh surrounded the house, bringing everyone's mood up at least slightly.

"I've missed you too sweet cheeks!" She smiled down at her brother and pinched his already rosy cheeks.

He swatted away her hands but returned the smile "how was work?"

Juliet slumped down at the dining table and let out a heavy dramatic sigh. Grandpa George rolled his eyes at her antics.

"Twas terrible Charlie! Absolutely no good darn gosh bad!" She insisted, grabbing onto his shoulders and shaking them gently.

Her face looked sad and slightly crazed.

Charlie, amused, simply smirked. She stopped shaking him, seeing her dramatics weren't working on him today.

She exhaled again "wasn't too bad, my boss is still a mean old man and I caught another mean old man trying to steal, but we just can't have that now can we?" She rambled on, her earlier negative expressions completely wiped and a small smile graced her red lips.

Before Charlie could reply, Mr Bucket trudged in with a hand full of fire wood.

"Evening Buckets!" He called as he placed down the wood and shrugged off his worn out coat.

"Evening!" Everyone called back.

"Evening dadio!" Juliet smirked. Mr Bucket had just returned from a long day at work himself and went to kiss his beautiful wife.

Juliet knew the look on his face, she's seen it many times and lit up, getting up to retrieve Charlie and her's valuable item from an old rusted cupboard.

Mr Bucket shook his head at her observation skills.

"Charlie, I've got something for you" he said, lifting his hand over Charlie's eager hands and dropping a deformed toothpaste cap.

Charlie's eyes twinkled with joy as he yelled out his thanks.

Juliet had just been able to put the magnificent sculpture of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory on the table when Charlie bustled over.

"I've got the finale piece!" He said excitedly. Juliet rubbed the back of his head softly and smiled down at him.

"What piece Charlie?" Grandpa joe, ever the curious cat, questioned from his position in bed.

Charlie screwed on the cap and backed up to Grandpa Joe.

They both looked at the make shift factory with wonder "Mr Wonka's head." Charlie mumbled.

"It looks magnificent! Why this calls for a celebration my dear people! Charlie has finished his project and I know just how to award such hard work" Juliet hollered with energy, abruptly standing from her seat.

Charlie blushed from the compliment and curiously looked over to her "H-How?"

She looked to him and placed her hand on top of his short bowl cut hair "All in good time" she said mysteriously.

Charlie, confused, went over to Grandpa joe when he called him over.

"I saw Willy Wonka with my own two eyes" Dear old Joe went on to tell the old almost fairytale story of Mr Wonka and Prince Pondicherry, Juliet listened in closely, amazed with the wonders of what could be done with chocolate.

The young boy was amazed with the story but felt saddened that he may never be able to see Mr Wonka or the inside of the Chocolate factory.

Before long, bed time for the buckets came and Juliet helped Charlie wash up for bed before getting in herself.

Because of the lack of money the family shared, the two siblings had to share a creaky old bed.

Though neither complained, the night was cold and the body warmth of another person helped drastically throughout.

As the Buckets slept, a wondrous and miraculous event took place throughout the night, an event that would soon change the lives of many.

When the faraway sun finally came back around and shone some warmth and light on the small house of the Buckets, along with the town.

Juliet awoke with small drops of water on her cheek. It seemed some snow had fallen through the big crack of the roof and had melted on her cheek.

She chuckled and turned to her little brother.

The boy was still fast asleep and as Juliet glanced down to the her grandparents and parents, it seemed everyone was still sleeping soundlessly, except Grandpa George as his snores could probably be heard all the way to the Factory.

She smiled down at the lot before slowly and quietly getting out of bed and dressing herself behind a standing curtain.

Work always started early as she had to be there before her boss, he wasn't the type for mistakes and she had to make sure nothing was wrong before he came.

Juliet quietly left the house and trudged down the street, snow crunching under her black boots.

She drew her long navy blue coat closer and squinted her eyes as she saw a group of people huddling around a light post.

She pushed through to see what the muck was about and read the poster hanging before them.

She gasped reading the post that invited five children to Mr Wonka's chocolate factory for one whole day, her hand flew to her mouth. This meant Charlie had a chance, he had a chance to see what was inside and meet Mr Wonka.

Juliet was excited and filled with determination to get her younger brother a golden ticket.

For now, she'd have to go to work.