Part 4

For a moment nothing happened, but then, the big grey gates shackled and shifted slightly before slowly drawing back, creating the opening the group was so excited for.

"Please enter" a smooth low voice suddenly called out over a microphone.

The group entered and came to a stop on the other side of the gates.

Juliet wondered why they had stopped and hadn't just walked right to the front. She was simply following her grandpa and Charlie when they stopped.

"Come forward" the voice rang out again.

It seemed to Juliet, the group needed to be guided through everything at this rate.

They all walked forward toward the front door.

"Close the gates" the voice rang out again and on his command, the gates closed.

"Dear visitors, it is my great pleasure to welcome you to my humble factory. Who am I? Well." The voice spoke in a light tone.

The heavy metal doors in front of the small group retracted and disappeared within the walls, revealing a blood red curtain.

Music began to play as the curtains rose, revealing small robotic puppets, the small robots sang along with the song, singing about Mr Wonka and how great he and his factory is.

Juliet smiled at the scene even as it caught fire and broke apart, it was quite the entertainment and very dramatic, oh how she loved the dramatics.

Out of respect for the others not looking like fools, she didn't clap but it seemed someone didn't care if they looked like fools since they clapped excitedly.

Juliet heard the clapping from the other side of Mr Salt and veered around him to look at the mysterious well dressed man.

"Wasn't that magnificent? I was getting a little worried it was getting dodgy in the middle part, but then, that finale! Wow!" The man chirped with excitement before stepping onto the stairs and onto the stage, overlooking them all.

His gaze lingered for a second too long on Juliet, causing the innocent girl to become flustered.

He couldn't help the small grin making its way to his lips.

"Who are you?" The snobby voice of Violet cut through the gum chewing silence.

"He's Willy Wonka!" Grandpa Joe says with admiration.

An awkward silence filled the air as everyone's expectations of the man greatly lowered.

Mr Wonka suddenly smiled "Good Morning Starshine! The earth says hello!" He greeted with an innocent sounding voice.

Juliet smiled at his efforts.

Another awkward silence went by before Mr Wonka decided to use his cards. It's been especially made for these...situations.

"Dear guests. Welcome! Welcome to the factory! I greet you warmly by the hand" he said, reading the cards and as he read the last part, he offered his hand out but quickly retracted it seeing everyone's unimpressed expressions.

Clearing his throat "my name is Willy Wonka" he finished before throwing his cards in a random direction.

"Then shouldn't you be up there?" Veruca questioned as she pointed toward the stage where a throne sat, a throne on fire, mind you.

Mr Wonka glanced down at her "Well I couldn't very well watch the show from up there, now, could I, little girl?" He said straight faced.

Juliet smirked at his behaviour. Charlie pulled his sister down to his height and whispered in her ear "it's scary how alike you two are" It always amused Juliet when Charlie would have a sudden lapse of sass. She flicked his ear and straightened up.

Mr Wonka saw the two giggling at each other and wondered what ever they could possibly be laughing about.

Mr Wonka had to admit, Juliet looked as though she had just stepped out of a fairytale book. Her long wavy dark brown hair flowed effortlessly across her back. Her nose and chin were the perfect shape, her cheekbones seemed sharp which added to the beauty of her appearance. Her beautiful green eyes didn't match either Charlie's or Grandpa Joe's yet there was no doubt she was related to them.

Mr Wonka found himself dazing off about her beauty.

"Mr Wonka, sir" grandpa Joe called out, snapping said man out of his daze as he grinned down at the old man.

"I don't know if you remember me sir but I used to work in your factory" the kind old man explained, hoping he was remembered.

Mr Wonka seemed to think "were you one of those despicable spies who everyday tried to steal my life's work and sell it to those parasitic copycat candy making cads?" He questioned in a dark voice which strangely attracted dear innocent Juliet.

"No sir!" Grandpa Joe replied, shocked that he'd even suggest it.

"Then wonderful, welcome back! Let's get a move on kids!" His whole demeanour changed in .3 seconds almost giving Juliet a whiplash.

Mr Wonka turned and walked into the factory with the group following closely behind.

"Don't you want to know our names?" Augustus clumsily called out as he struggled to keep up.

"Can't imagine how it would matter. Come quickly there's far too much to see"

The group came into a large hall with a red carpet and beautiful yet little decorations.

"Just drop your coats anywhere" Mr Wonka said as he dropped his coat on the floor, along with the huge round black sunglasses he was wearing.

As he turned around, Juliet could see his calm and warm brown eyes and as fate would have it, their eyes met.

Juliet's heart stammered in her chest as Mr Wonka looked at her as though he were staring at her soul.

Mr Wonka felt strange, a good strange but a strange indeed. She was beautiful, that much couldn't be denied. When she looked at him, he seemed to be stuck, he couldn't move and even though he panicked slightly, he also felt at ease just looking at her.

"Mr Wonka, it sure is toasty in here" Mr Teavee spoke out as he shrugged of his caramel coloured jacket.

This seemed to snap the two out of their daze as Juliet quickly looked down, embarrassed.

"What? Oh yes! I have to keep it warm in here because my workers are used to an extremely hot climate. They just can't stand the cold." He explained before turning to the front.

"Who are the workers?" Charlie questioned from between Juliet and grandpa Joe.

Turning back around with a twist, Mr Wonka smiled mysteriously at the boy "all in good time. Now!" He said and turned around once again.

"He does the same mysterious thing you do!" Charlie groaned and shuffled forward to the other kids.

Juliet laughed and continued on.