Part 10

"Gotta find the key... No, not that one" Mr Wonka said as he slowly piled through the keys, trying some out on the gate.

Mr Salt, panicked, looked down at his little girl and back at Mr Wonka continuously.

"Daddy!" Veruca called out, trying to get the squirrels off her.

"There it is!....there it isn't." Mr Wonka muttered as he tried and failed with another key.

"Daddy! I want them to stop!" Veruca yelled. The squirrels pinned her down, arms and legs as well.

The squirrel she tried grabbing jumped on her and knocked on her head before putting his little ear to it.

"What are they doing?" Charlie asked, holding onto the rail.

"They're testing her to see if she's a bad nut" Mr Wonka replied. The squirrel moved away from Veruca and made a little sound.

"Oh, my goodness. It seems she is a bad nut after all." Mr Wonka gasped.

The squirrels dragged Veruca to the black hole.

"Daddy!"

"Where are they taking her?!" Mr Salt desperately asked.

"Where all the other bad nuts go -to the garbage chute" Mr Wonka nonchalantly answered.

"Where does the chute go?" Mr Salt asked, his hands turbo white as he held onto the railing.

"To the incinerator" he sadistically mumbled in a day dream. Juliet felt slightly ashamed to be turned on by the darkness in his voice.

Mr Wonka took notice of her flushed cheeks and raised an eyebrow at her, a slow smirk forming.

His demeanour quickly changed though as he happily said to Mr Salt "but don't worry, we only light it on Tuesday's"

"Today is Tuesday" Mike pointed out.

Mr Wonka rolled his eyes at the boy.

"Well, there's always the chance they decided not to light it today..." he said lightheartedly.

Veruca screams in fear as she finally falls down the garbage chute. Mr. Salt moans as well. The squirrels return to work as if nothing happened.

"She may be stuck in the chute somewhere near the top. If that's the case, all you need to do is just reach in and pull her out." Mr Wonka said motioned what do to with his hand.

Mr Wonka, very deliberately, unlocks the door of the gate and steps aside. Mr. Salt walks through, and onto the main floor. He stops, in confusion, as the Oompa Loompas, in hippie clothes, enter and begin to sing and dance around him.

"Ooh yay! Another song!" Juliet squealed delight and did a small happy dance but stopped once she saw everyone staring at her.

"Er... I mean, how awful.." She said, looking very depressed.

Mr Wonka grinned at her performance and turned back just in time to Mr Salt being pushed in by a little squirrel, he quickly covered his mouth with his hand to stop from laughing.