Epilogue: Anniversary

"And that's how I met your father" Juliet Bucket said with a smile on her lips as she proceeded to tuck her beautiful children in bed.

As soon as she'd given them their goodnight kiss on the cheek, they'd promptly fallen asleep without complaint.

She loved them. Obviously, she did. She was their mother, after all.

They'd ask for stories from her and Willy's life almost every night and tonight she decided to tell them the story of how they met. Because without that singular story, she wouldn't have been able to tell them all the other fun and exciting stories she'd experienced with her husband.

Like that time she bet him she could suck on a gob ball for longer than he could. That lasted two days, the only exception was when they slept that they could take it out. She won, simply because he got distracted when Charlie made a new candy and he wanted to try it out.

Or the time he took her to climb the top of Fudge Mountain. They climbed it in a day and when she came to the top, ready to be amazed by the view. She was instead amazed by a beautifully intricate dinner awaiting her plus the view!

That's when Juliet realised what a romantic Willy really was.

Juliet sighed as she thought back to all the good times they'd had. They've grown older, not by a lot but by enough for it to be noticed when looking at past photos.

She had no regrets, sure she kind of wished she hadn't snapped at her husband while giving birth to her child. Not once but twice. Luckily he understood and was very forgiving.

"A cookie for your thoughts?" The sudden silent and smooth voice of her husband pulled her from her thoughts.

She looked over to him and grinned as she noticed he actually had a chocolate chip cookie in his hand, gesturing it toward her.

Gently, she took the cookie "just thinking about how we met and all that's happened since" Juliet mumbled with a faraway smile still on her face before she came back suddenly and practically shoved the whole cookie into her mouth.

Closing her eyes and groaning at the deliciousness as the chocolate attacked her flavour buds.

Opening her eyes, she noticed Willy staring at her with a hint of amusement behind his eyes though she could tell he was also thinking about the past from the nostalgic look he had.

"Well my dear, it sure has been a pleasure being blessed as your life partner" Willy said with a lovesick smile as he walked over to her in the hallway where they stood and wrapped his purple cloaked arms around her thin waist, promptly pulling her closer to him.

Juliet smiled softly, the years had made her gentle along with being a mother, she practically had all the patience in the world.

"It sure has, hasn't it?" Juliet said, staring into his eyes lovingly.

Willy grinned and looked slightly nervous for some odd reason, Juliet couldn't place his nervousness "are you alright?" She softly questioned.

The chocolate man looked as though he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar but quickly tried hiding his nervous behaviour with a grin "I'm wonderful as long as I have you"

The mother couldn't help the blush on her cheeks as she chuckled lightly and interlaced their hands before leading the way down the hall, to their bedroom "if you say so, Willy."

The two lovesick birds fell asleep that night, together as always, and laid in content with the others presence.

The next morning arrived bright and early for Juliet Wonka. Her eyes fluttered open before the starling outside their window had a chance to peck it's beak against their window, actively acting as her alarm clock every other morning.