Part 12

Mike had been squashed by a magazine in the television "Ew, somebody grab him" Mr Wonka cringed.

Mr Teavee reached in and grabbed his now six inch tall son.

"Oh thank heavens, he's completely unharmed" Mr Wonka breathed happily.

"Unharmed!? What are you talking about?!" Mr Teavee furiously yelled.

"Just put me back in the other way!" Came a high pitched voice. Everyone looked down at Mike.

"There is no other way. It's television not telephone, it's quite different" Mr Wonka sardonically explained.

"What do you propose to do about it?" Mr Teavee glared while holding Mike.

"I don't know. But young men are extremely springy- they stretch like mad!" Mr Wonka said, thinking and suddenly had it! "Let's go put him in the taffy puller!"

"Taffy puller?!" Mr Teavee exclaimed incredulously.

"Hey- that was my idea." Mr Wonka said before looking down at Mike sardonically.
"Boy, is he gonna be skinny. Yeah, taffy puller." He said in a dreamy state.

Mr Wonka called over an Oompa Loompa and told him to take Mr Teavee and his...little boy, to the taffy puller.

After the Teavee's left, the little men shut down the television room.

Mr Wonka said "On with the tour? Come on, there's still so much to see. Now, how many children are left?" He asked as he took of his glasses and looked behind to see only Juliet, Charlie and Grandpa Joe left.

The three also remove their glasses "Mr Wonka, Charlie is the only one left" grandpa Joe said, holding Charlie's shoulders.

The boy smiled at Mr Wonka as the man's own grin slowly stretched.

"Oh my dear boy, that means you've won!" He took Charlie's hand and shook it vigorously.

"Oh, I do congratulate you, I really do. I am absolutely delighted! I knew it would be you, right from the beginning, I did! Now we mustn't dilly, or dally, because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day's out." He ranted on before grabbing Charlie wrist and pulling his hand away from me Wonka's ever going handshake.

"But luckily for us, we have the Great Glass Elevator to speed things-" Mr Wonka cut himself off as he smashed into the glass elevator and went tumbling down.

After a few awkward seconds of silence, the man gathered himself and continued "speed things along" he said as if what happened never happened.

Juliet snickered into her hand and Mr Wonka smacked her ankle with his cane.

As everyone shuffled in, Juliet was squashed up against Mr Wonka who didn't seem to mind in the least bit.

He smirked down at her and pressed a button called 'up and out' just above her shoulder, causing him to lean into her and look into her eyes. His arm tested on the button whilst he looked down at her.

"Up and out? What kind of room is that?" Charlie curiously asked, snapping the two from their tense eye contact.

Mr Wonka simply grinned down at the boy and said "hold on"