{old} Chapter 4 (the journey begins)

Me: I'm soooo sorry! I wanted to update, but I couldn't because I was dragged to places to do things with my family in Alabama. And then when I got back I headed to the Panic! At The Disco concert straight from the airport and then writers block came in and arg! Also sorry this isn't really an update. In the sense of going off the last chapter (chapter 10).

Phantom: What about chapter 11 then?

Me: It will be here soon don't you worry.

Phantom: Somehow that makes me worry.

Me: *sticks out tongue* haha (that was sarcastic). Anyway I was looking around my room and found the first version of my 4th chapter, that I had wrote during some free time I had at school a while ago. But I decided to change it. This version technically combines chapters 4 and 5.

Phantom: Ok. Well you should probably have a disclaimer here so, Waves-Of-Fury does not own Danny Phantom or its characters.

Me: Thanks. Anyway ON WITH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN THIS CHAPTER OF THE STORY!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Lancer was the first to wake up after the speeder crashed. He looked around to see that his students and the Fenton parents were still out of it.

He decided he should start waking up the others when he heard a small groan off to his left. Curious, he got up and walked over to discover that Danny had begun to stir, and knelt down next to him.

"Ugh...what hit me?" Danny asked when suddenly all the previous events came flooding back and he bolted up into a seated position, narrowly avoiding a head on collision with his overweight teacher.

"To kill a mockingbird Mr. Fenton, be careful!" Mr. Lancer shouted making Danny turn his head so fast Mr. Lancer was shocked the boy didn't get whiplash.

"Sorry Mr. Lancer" Danny apologized as he stood up, "Is anyone else awake yet?" he asked

"No," Mr. Lancer replied, "I was about to start waking up the others when I heard you and came over to investigate." he explained.

"Oh. Well then shall we?" Danny asked smiling, allowing some of his usual humor to show through his hidden paranoia.

"Yes. Let's divide it up, you take the left and I'll take the right." Mr. Lancer said as he smiled at his charge's humor.

They began to wake up the rest of the class, all the while both thinking, but about different things.

Mr. Lancer was trying to figure out the mystery that was Danny Fenton. He was constantly leaving class and most of the time not returning till the class was almost over, sometimes not returning at all. And just now,  when he first woke up, he had been on alert, almost as if he were on a battlefield. Curious indeed.

Meanwhile, Danny was trying to figure out a way to get everyone home without letting anything about anything slip.

~Time skip about 10 minutes~

After they had woken everybody up and checked them all for injuries, everyone separated into groups, A-listers in the left corner of the rock, geeks/outcasts in the right, adults near the center, and the 'Freak Trio' furthest away talking in low whispers.

"We need a plan out of here, and I still haven't been able to come up with anything!" Danny whispered frantically to his friends.

"Well there is one way." Sam said glancing at Tucker, who nodded, and then turned back to Danny.

Danny paled, "No, there has to be another way!"  he said, eyes wide.

"We've looked at it from all angles, this is the only way, Dude." Tucker said.

"But-...I-...But-..." Danny fumbled for words but knew the outcome was inevitable. He sighed, "Fine."

Tucker and Sam high-fived in victory as Danny went to tell Mr. Lancer their plan.

"Excuse me Mr. Lancer?" Danny asked coming up next to his teacher.

"Yes Mr. Fenton?" came the monotone reply.

"I think I know a way to get home."

"Well then would you like to share it with the group?" Mr. Lancer asked gesturing to the group that had begun to inch closer to the teacher and student duo after Danny had come over, in an effort to hear the conversation.

Danny turned around, finally noticing the crowd.

"Oh, umm...I think I know a way to get us home." Danny announced, sounding a little less like the weak, wimpy, geek Fenton that they were all used to.

"And just how would  we get out of here Mr. Fenton?" Mr. Lancer asked. By this time Sam and Tucker were standing on either side of Danny, looking ready to back him up or defend him with a moments notice.

"We have to go to Phantom's Keep. There we can ask King Phantom for help getting home." Danny said, a barely noticeable blush rising on his cheeks, though no one noticed (Tucker: I did. 😏Me: Tuck! Stop interrupting the story! Tucker: Sorry geez. Me: Also you were going to make fun of Danny so I'm stopping you. Tucker: But- Me: RESUME!).

This statement sent up a wave of gasps and shocked murmurs through the class. Danny ignored them and continued.

"We are near Skulker's island, Skulker is the ghost that attacked us. So we are about a 5 days walk away, and I believe, if we ration out supplies, then we will be fine." Danny concluded, leaving a shocked and confused class.

"And how would you know all of this Fentina?" Dash asked.

"Because we," he gestured to him, Sam, and Tucker, "unlike anyone else here, have been in the Ghost Zone multiple times before." He said, then mentally had Sam kick him in the shin with her steal toed combat boots for being so stupid and saying that. While Sam actually did kick him discretely.

"DANIEL JAMES FENTON! What on Earth possessed you to go into the Ghost Zone?!" Maddie screamed at her son.

"Well, the first time was an accident. You and Dad were fighting, you hit the speeder, it turned on and shot forward, sending me into the Zone. Then I had to go back into the Zone to set back your gift that I had knocked in there by accident. And the other times are stories for another time." Danny said, then realized that he was going off topic, "Point is that we know the way to Phantom's Keep, which is our way of getting home, so we need to get going."

Everyone stood in a stunned silence, then Mr. Lancer ushered everyone into line behind Danny, Sam, and Tucker and they began their journey through the Zone.

_____________________________________________

Me: So yeah there's that. Sorry again that I basically dropped off the face of the Earth.

Phantom: Why didn't you use this version?

Me: Well I thought things were kinda rushed in this version, so I rewrote it and liked the way the other version flowed with where I want the story to go.

Phantom: Oh ok.

Me: Anyway I was wanting Danny to still have some of his powers so I'm asking for you guy's opinions. What powers do you think Danny should keep?

Danny: I get to keep some of my powers? Sweet!

Me: Where did you come from? Aren't you currently escaping jail?

Danny: Phantom is there too so if I'm not here then technically neither is he.

Phantom: Hey!

Me: All right Fine. Anyway, that's all for now. What did you think of this version of chapter 4? Well, until next time, bye!