Heart Beats Fast

The car ride to Matt's house seemed awfully quiet. Ang tapang ni Matt kanina gawin to.. hindi naman pala niya alam where to start.. He kept glancing at Sarah's direction pero she was looking straight lang. Walang imik.. Sometimes she'd check her phone..

Matt: (ugh i don't want her checking her phone!) want some music?

Sarah: Sure sige..

Matt turns on the car radio.. Biglang..

All of me loves all of you, love your cruves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections..

Nastress si Matt! he quickly switched the music sabay..

Darling I will be loving you til we're 70.. and baby my hearts can still fall as hard at 23..

Matt looked at Sarah stressed..

Sarah: CD ba yan?

Matt: hindi radio, nagkataon lng..

Sarah: aahh akala ko nananadya ka eh..

Matt: huh? bakit may effect pa ba yung kanta?

Sarah didn't have a comeback to that so inirapan nalang niya si Matteo and looked the other way. Matteo smiled at Sarah. Nakakamiss. Miss na miss na niya ang mga hiritan nila. He wanted to hold her hand while he's driving the way they used to. Pero baka mabigla.

Sarah looked out the window and realized the position she got herself into. Malakas na ba heart ko for this. Bakit ganun Matt can make me smile. Simpleng hirit lng. Ugh Sarah! ano ka ba tanga? sinaktan ka na diba? bakit ka magssmile? simangot lng lagi! Haaay.. I still remember our car ride going to the Air Balloon Festival in Pampanga, we were inseperable. Anong nangyari? Sarah scratched her head in irritation..Why am i thinking these things?

Matt: you ok?

Sarah: ok lng ako.. (medyo mataray)

Matt: ok lo- Sars, we're here.

Sarah pretended she didn't hear that..

Pagdating nila kumpleto ang dining area, Matt's bestfriends Marlon and Ivan were there, his whole family, their other tri-friends etc. Matt pulled the chair Sarah was going to sit on and she just said thank you. He's still a gentleman. Haay Sarah pinapansin mo talaga lahat? May point system ba?

On her left was Mommy Glenna and on her right was Matteo.

MG: Sarah, iha, how are you? wala ka pa naman new bf?

(Matteo couged, muntik na mabulunan) Ma..

Sarah: wala pa nman po

Georgia: naman? so mukhang magkakaron?

Sarah: hmmmm pwede hehe..

(Sarah was at ease with this family forgetting a little na bahay nila Matteo to)

MG: sino naman? is it your loveteam kanina?

Sarah: ummmm..

Matteo: Ma, stop asking her..

MG: Anak i'm just asking her what you obviously can't but want to..

Sarah: aahh hehe opo tita, medyo matagal narin kasi nanliligaw

(Ivan and Marlon looked at Matteo. He looked like he wanted to punch something)

MG: Bakit di mo pa sinasagot?

Sarah: hmm nagiisip pa po ako e, naniniguro lng hehe..

MG: ay iha, take it from me, pag may hesitation, baka hindi siya ang THE ONE.