Chapter 1

*edit*

Hello readers! I would love to address something before we begin! This story isn't an x reader! I use 'you' in the character description for those who want to feel closer to the main character! I apologize for the confusion and frustration this caused! I started this story many years ago when I was new to the Wattpad community and didn't really make a clear distinction between x readers and x OC stories, I did tag it with HowlxReader- again not fully understanding the distinction! I have removed the xreader tag to try and dispel any future confusion! Apologies again for those of you looking for a classic y/n / x reader story!! I hope you guys enjoy the story, or feel free to pop out now and find something more to your liking! Thank you all!

Hey! Hi! Hello! So above is what you look like! It's not my own picture, so creds to whomever the owner is. Your name is Lucy Chapman and the story takes place if Sophie had never existed. You are short-ish, but not too short. You like to be alone and do not like being taken advantage of, you rarely smile, but when you do you have a gorgeous smile and an equally gorgeous laugh. You have a large appreciation for art and you love to paint and sketch. You own a quaint art shop on the edge of Ingary (The town where Sophie and Lettie live) and you love your life. Read on and enjoy!!

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple- I stood in the back room of my shop organizing paint tubes when I heard the bell to my shop open. I put down the box I was holding and bushed my hands on my apron, wiping away the imaginary dirt that was on it. "Hello! Welcome to Chapman's Art Store how may I help you?" I asked politely as I jogged over to the customer. I stopped short when I noticed the customer, well customers, that had entered were soldiers. All decked out in their red and blue uniforms for the celebration. "U-Um welcome! Please look around!" I said smiling as I walked to the counter to organize the paint brushes from largest to smallest tip. Trying to ignore the soldiers I avoided eye-contact. I saw an elbow in front of me on the counter and I stood back startled. When I looked up I saw one of the soldiers with an elbow on my counter while the other stood behind him smirking. "Can I help you?" I asked, clearly disgusted. "What's a cute little thing like you doing all locked up in here? Wy don't you come to the pub with me and my friend here, we'll show you a good time!" The soldier with his elbow on the counter said. I looked at them as if they were bugs. "I'd prefer to not be called a 'thing'! And if you aren't going to buy anything then please leave!" I said crossing my arms. The guy sighed. "Told ya it was a lost cause..." He whispered to his friend as they made their way out. I stuck my tongue out at their backs as they left. I finished organizing the brushes I looked to the corner behind the counter where two portraits were leaned against the wall. I sighed. Might as well deliver those today... I walked to the back room and hung up my apron and put on my favorite hat, it was a banana wicker hat that had a black ribbon that had two tails which cascaded down the back of the hat and orange flower on the side. I fixed my hat and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing the dress I always wore, a creamy orange dress that fell to my knees with white ruffled trim and long sleeves. On the chest was a small black charm, right below the white ruffled turtle neck. I was wearing the same boots I always wore, knee-high and a faded brown color. I groaned at my appearance. Why couldn't I be blessed with good looks and a fortune to fall back on... I look like a poor peasant... Well I guess I am... Ugh! I pulled my hat down farther around my head in frustration as I grabbed my basket and walked to the main store to grab the portraits. I locked up my shop and went on my way to my clients house. I walked to the edge of the street to notice if I went that way I'd be crushed by happy dancing couples which were blocking the main roads. I turned on my heel and decided to take a longer, less crowded route. I wove my way through back alleys and side roads. I turned a corner when I noticed the two soldiers from earlier standing outside the back entrance to the pub, giant mugs of what I'm assuming was beer, in their hands. I pulled my hat down and sped walked past them. "Well, well, well! Look who came after all!" I heard one of them call. I froze, knowing I'd been spotted. I turned around to face them, they had blushing cheeks and big smiles. Geez, I didn't realize they could get drunk so fast! "I'm afraid I didn't come to drink! i must deliver these portraits to two of my clients! My apologies!" I said waving. "Nah, don't she look so cute when she's cute!" The other one slurred. I shrank in my spot. I wanted to get away from them but for some reason I was frozen in place. They stumbled towards me and laughed. My hand shot up to my nose from the foul stench of their alcohol ridden breath. "Excuse me but I do believe you had some place to be darling?" I flinched as I felt a hand on my shoulder. The soldier's faces were shocked. "Terribly sorry men, but she'll have to take a rain check! Won't you love?" I craned my neck to see the most gorgeous man I'd ever seen standing next to me. He had baby blue eyes and lovely blonde hair. His ears were tastefully decorated with an assortment of piercings and charms and he wore plain black trousers and a clean white shirt with a pink patterned jacket around his shoulders. I was at a loss for words so I let the man do the talking. "It seems to me that the two of you were just leaving!" And all of a sudden the drunkards stood up straight, turned and walked away. "Hang on." I heard the mysterious man whisper. "Huh?" I turned to face him when he wrapped an arm around my shoulders as he took my hand in his other hand. He started to run forward and I tried my best to keep up with his fast pace. "Don't be alarmed, but we're being followed." I ever so slightly turned my head to see strange black blobs flop out of the alley walls, terrified I turned my head straight again. Before I knew what was happening I couldn't feel the ground beneath my feet, and when I looked down we were already feet above the ground, flying over rooftops and streets. I gasped in shock as I scrunched up my legs into a ball. "Just straighten your legs and walk!" I heard the man laugh, so slowly, I straightened my legs and tried to walk. I was all wobbly and shaken up from the fact that we were floating above everything. I heard the man chuckle from behind me. I pouted like a child and forced my legs to straighten properly. Hey I think I'm getting the hang of this! I smiled to myself as I walked step-in-step with the man. He slowly let go of my shoulders and grabbed only my hand as we danced through the sky. I realized that we were making a slow descent into another small alley way, the same one in which my clients lived in! Once we reached the ground I landed, bending my knees ever so slightly. I turned to thank the man. "Thank you sir! I don't know how I ever would've made it, had you not been there!" I said bowing my head in gratitude. "I hope we meet again." I said. The man smiled. "I do hope so." And with that he leapt into the sky again. I turned and went to deliver the portraits.