Chapter 7

Lucy's POV:

"Lucy, Markl, time for breakfast." A soft voice broke through my sleep. Once my eyes fluttered open I saw a smiling Howl sitting on the edge of my bed. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'm so sorry! Did we keep you long?!" I lightly shook Markl to wake him. He yawned and popped out of bed. Standing as well Howl led us downstairs where a lovely breakfast was laid out.

"There you are! I was starting to think you two would never wake up!" Calcifer joked as we all sat down. I smiled and thanked Howl for breakfast. 

~~

Once Howl was finished eating he stood and fed his left overs to Cal. 

"Enjoy the rest of your meal my friends, I must go." He bowed before walking to the door. Turning the dial to black he swung the door open and disappeared. 

"Come on! Hurry so we can have fun!" Markl shoveled the rest of his food into his mouth. I smiled and nodded, finishing my food as well. Once we were all done Markl helped me with the laundry. "Here, we can go outside to hang the laundry! And you'll get to see Star Lake!" He smiled, helping me bring the wet clothes outside. When we got outside I saw a familiar face waiting for us.

"Oh how lovely! You followed us!" I smiled at the sight of the scare crow whom I'd met the night I found Howl's castle. As we hung the clothes on the line mr. scare crow helped us with the drying. Markl and I went back inside to grab a table, a few chairs and some snacks. We sat at the edge of the water and ate, enjoying the view. "It's beautiful here." I said, enjoying the peace. Markl nodded his head, taking another bite of his jam and bread. "Say why don't we play a game after we're finished eating!" I suggested, to which a full-mouthed Markl cheered for. Laughing I took another slice of bread. 

Short chaptersssss. I'm sorry :( School sucks and I hardly have time to write, but I hope you guys are enjoying this story!! I just uploaded the first chapter of a new book I'm working on called Travelers. You guys should check it out if you're into fantasy and adventure stories! (Don't worry, there will be romance for you love birds out there XD) Anyway I hope you guys liked this short chapter! Toodles!