Chapter 2

I awoke to a loud screeching noise. "Ahh!" I yelped as I fell out of the chair I was on. "Finally you're up! Yeesh! We aren't an Inn so you can leave now!" I heard a cocky voice state. Standing up I looked around to see who was talking. "Hello?" I asked. "Over here! Jeez! You'd think you'd be able to figure out who's talking by now!" I tuned towards the sound of the voice. What I found startled me. "T-The fire speaks..." I said breathlessly in awe at this magic work of witch craft. I picked up my fallen hat and clutched it to my chest. "I-I'm so sorry, but who are you?" I asked timidly. "I'm Calcifer! A powerful fire demon!" And the fire puffed himself up real big and put on quite a show by waving a tongue-like flame around. I laughed a little and nodded. "I'm Lucy! Lucy Chapmen of Chapman's Art Store!" I introduced myself politely, bowing as proper greeting. "Never heard of it." Calcifer crossed his fiery arms. I burst out laughing. "I wouldn't expect you too!" I chuckled as I wiped a tear from my eye. "My shop is on the verge of closing, it isn't very popular, but love it there." I said, sliding into a slight day dream. "Anyway..." I looked down at my basket and sighed, looking at my rain wrecked painting. Sighing I kneeled down and took the painting off the basket and set it on the dusty floor. I 'tch-ed' at the grunginess of the room before continuing with what I was doing. "I hope noting else got ruined..." I muttered to myself. I took off my apron which should've shielded the rest of my stuff from the rain. I shifted my stuff around to see everything in order. Sighing in relief I grabbed my sketch book from the bottom of my bag and dusting some of my lunch crumbs off of it before opening it to flip through the pages. Happy none of the water got to my book I stopped on the picture I drew of the man from yesterday. I felt my cheeks heat up. "Hello? Helllllooooo? Earth to Lucy? Agh we lost her..." Snapping back into reality I turned quickly ad hide my book behind my back with one had, while the other scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "Sorry Cal!" I apologized. "Wow, awfully chummy aren't you?" Calcifer asking, crossing his arms once more, but with a bit more sass this time. I cocked my head in confusion. "Chummy? Why'd you think that?" I asked as I let my hands rest at my sides, one of my hands still clutching my opened sketch book. "You called me Cal and we haven't known each other for more than ten minutes!" Calcifer turned his head snootily. I giggled. "My bad!" I said smiling. All of a sudden I heard someone coming down the stairs. Startled by the loud footsteps I pulled my notebook to my chest quickly. Who I saw coming down the stairs almost gave me a heart attack. The man from before... He couldn't be... I held my notebook tightly as he realized my presence. He smiled bigger and walked up to me. "Ah! Hello! So we meet again-" He cut himself short. Confused on why I followed his eye-line to see what had caught his eye. I looked at my chest to where my notebook was. HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT THE DRAWING I DID OF HIM! Embarrassed I whipped my notebook behind my back and held it tightly. "I'm terribly sorry for intruding! It was extremely rude of me to just walk in! I have to go now! Thank you for a night of shelter!" I bowed in apology as I threw all my things, including my painting into my basket. Quickly I grabbed my hat and shoved it on my head and threw it onto my head, before making a beeline for the door. I'd just met the evil wizard Howl, the eater of young women's hearts!! About to open the door I realized my sketch book was gone?! "I've never had someone draw me before, this is spectacular! I almost look better on paper!" He said in an astonished tone. "Can you do more?!" He asked, his eyes sparkling like crystal. Unsure of how to react I just nodded. "Fantastic!" He cheered happily.

Sup bros! Sorry this. Chapter was so short! It's better than nothing though, right? Anyway I'm going to try to update more often, but with school and extracurricular activities I might not be able to update as often as I'd like to. So bear with me! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter at least! Toodles!