Chapter 6

Lucy's POV:

"Pssst..."

"Psssssst..."

"Psssssst!! Hey Lucy!!"

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Markl climb on top of my bed. He had a huge smile on his face. A smile soon graced my face as I sat up.

"Good morning Markl!" I greeted him with a yawn. He crawled right next to me and cuddled himself into the crook of my arm.

"Master Howl says we'll be arriving at Star Lake soon!" Markl smiled. I laughed and nodded as Markl got under the covers. I wonder where Markl's parents are... my smile faltered at the thought but it soon returned once I heard the soft breathing of Markl. He's sleeping. I suppose it couldn't hurt to sleep a little longer...

Howl's POV:

Turning off the shower I wrapped a towel around my body. Using some potions and brews I colored and dried my hair. Walking down the hallway I went to change in my room. Once I was dressed I walked down the hall to Markl's room. Knocking lightly I cracked open the door. He was fast asleep in his bed. I walked in and sat on his bed.

"Markl. Wake up Markl." I cooed as a sleepy Markl woke up.

"Good morning Master Howl!" Markl greeted me. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"We'll be arriving at Star Lake soon! Tell Lucy and then come down for breakfast." I told him, standing up. He nodded and hopped out of bed.

~~

"Cal what do you think is taking them so long?" I asked my fiery friend as I finished serving the eggs. I had the entire table set and the food was already and served. "It's going to get cold." I huffed.

"You know girls, they take forever to get ready!" Calcifer chuckled. "Oh, and when you're ready I've parked by the lake." Cal informed me. I nodded and smiled, setting the still hot pan in the sink.

"I'm going to see what's keeping them." I told Calcifer as I walked upstairs. I walked into Markl's room but it was empty. Peering into Lucy's room I saw the cutest thing I'd ever witnessed. Little Markl had curled himself up into Lucy's side and they were both sleeping soundly. I clutched the fabric over where my heart would be. There was an aching pain that resonated within my chest. I want to feel love... I actually want to feel love...

Short and fluffy. Sorry not sorry. But hey! I'm still alive so that's cool! I've been going through this hecka frustrating writers block. The thing is I'm not out of ideas it's just tasking to write for some reason, but I promise I will try to write more! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Toodles!