Chapter 9

Lucy's POV:

Groaning I opened my eyes. 

"I feel simply awful." I whispered to myself as I sat up, holding my pounding head.

Just  as soon as I sat up the door opened. In trotted Markl holding a tray with a tea pot and a cup. 

"How are you feeling Lucy? Master Howl said you caught a cold." He said, setting the tray down on my night stand. "I brought you some tea." He told me with a smile as he poured the hot liquid into the cup.

"Thank you Markl, you truly are a very wonderful boy." I said, accepting the cup. Bringing it to my nose I inhaled the sweet scent, letting the steam work it's way through my congested nose.

Markl took this opportunity to crawl under the covers with me.

"Markl! You'll catch my cold!" I mothered him, taking a sip of the tea.

"I'll be fine! Besides misery loves company!" He giggled, snuggling into the crook of my arm.

Rolling my eyes playfully at him I set the cup down and pet his soft orange hair. Pretty soon Markl and I had fallen asleep, side by side.

~~

The next few days went rather strangely. Howl seem more on edge than usual. Markl told me that if Howl didn't report to the palace soon they'd come after him.

"Why don't we leave Howl for a bit. Markl let's go look for some flowers by the lake." I said, taking Markl's hand in mine, leading him outside.

"I'm worried for Master Howl." Markl said, kicking a stone.

"That makes two of us." I sighed, crouching to pick a few cute pink flowers.

Suddenly I heard a low rumble and stood up quickly.

"Markl, do you hear that?" I asked.

I looked around and saw a huge airship hover just above the ground.

"We have to tell Howl!" I said, racing inside, Markl not too far behind me.

We burst through the door to see a shocked Howl.

"Howl there's an airship outside. It's quite a ways out there but what if it sees us?!" I asked frantically. 

Howl's expression contorted.

"Calcifer, move the castle far away from here, I don't care where, just make sure we can hide." He instructed firmly. "I'm going to go out and try to stop it temporarily." He said, pushing past us and outside.

I frantically looked around, trying to find something helpful to do.

"Don't worry, Master Howl can handle this!" Markl told me, trying to lighten the mood.

I just nodded vigorously in response. 

"I'll just get more wood for Calcifer." I said, piling up a ton of wood by Cal.

"You know Lucy, just you being here is helpful to Howl." 

I froze.

"What?" I asked.

"Howl has never been this calm about anything before. I know he looks like he's going out on a crazy whim, but this is the most sure of anything he's ever done. He finally has something to protect."  Calcifer finished and I looked at him in pure and utter awe and shock. 

Something to protect?

HELLOO! How is everyone? Good, good! I apologize for not updating in a while, and I'm sorry this update is kind of trash, BUT I have been working on yet another story. (I'm addicted to writing, sorry not sorry) Haha but this time I think more you should read it cause it's not weird random shit from my mind XD. It's a Soul Eater fan fiction and I drew some pictures for it (don't expect much), and if you guys don't know what Soul Eater is, do ya self a favor and watch it. That shit is fire. Anyway, enough self promotion! I hope you all enjoyed this update and I'll try my best to update soon! Happy Holidays! Toodles!!