Chapter 1

10:18 PM

The light of the city illuminated the sky on this chilly night, you could hear the horns of the cars who were passing by in the streets.

*sigh* "All of this is getting really annoying" said a boy as he was sitting on top of one of the buildings at the very edge.

His features were hidden as he was wearing a big black jacket with his hoodie on. His feet, covered by black boots with red lining, were swinging back and forth into the void as if he was a child sitting on a chair.

Then a phone rang.

*ring ring*

"Oh, a call." He said, sounding not in the least excited.

He picked the ringing phone and then answered.

"Yeah, hello? ... You've located one? Where? ... It's pretty close then... alright, I'll take care of it."

He turned the cellphone off and then disappeared in the night.

-The next day-

Since I was little, I was able to see things that nobody else could, because of this "power" my life as never been a normal one, I even got bullied because of it sometimes. My name is Luna Solfia, I'm 14 years old and I can see ghosts, in hopes to start a new life and find a job, I've come to this city. My decision has changed my life more than I thought it would.

8h38

I was on my way to my first day of school, when I heard a cry not to far way.

"Waaaaa!"

I headed to where the noise was coming from came from and saw a child crying by a tree.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried as I approached him.

He looked at me calming down a bit.

*sniff*"My plane, it got stuck on that tree *sniff* and I can't get it down" he said as he pointed at a branch.

I look up at the tree and see a plane toy stuck on a branch. I thought that I had time to spare, so I decided to help this kid.

"Don't worry, I'll get it for you" I tell him as I smile.

"Ok" *sniff*

I thought the most simple way to get the plane back was to climb the tree, so that's what I did. I eventually got to the branch which got the plane stuck, I reached my hand to the toy trying to grab it.

"Almost ... there, got it."

I was successful in retrieving the plane, but the branch suddenly snapped, making me fall.

I screamed as I closed my eyes preparing myself for the impact, but it never happened. I opened my eyes to see a boy who looked like he was about the same age as me. He had black messy hair and brown eyes, he was wearing red headphones and a big black jacket with a hoodie and red lining on the sleeves and on few other parts. He also had a lazy looking poker-faced expression... and he was holding me up bridal style.

"Are you okay? That was pretty dangerous what you did there, you know."

I then blushed realizing I was still in his arms.