Chapter 7: Trap Maze

After what happened at Ligna Village (That's how it's called now), Enzo and Luna went back to the kids' "hideout", that way they could train peacefully.

"S-so what kind of training are we going to do?" Asked Luna, curious.

"Well, I guess I'll start by teaching you some of the basics" Responded Enzo.

"O-okay"

Enzo went to pick up a small stick which was lying on the ground, its size was around the same as his forearm. Luna was wondering what he wanted to do with that stick.

"Alright... now attack me." Said Enzo, after inspecting this stick for a few seconds.

"H-huh?" Responded Luna, surprised.

"I said attack me, with your sword, go on, don't be shy."

"A-are you sure?"

Enzo then dashed and stopped right in front of Luna, holding the stick backwards and pointing it right at Luna's face, as if he was about to stab her with it. She was surprised by this action.

"You shouldn't hesitate, this is supposed to be a battle in which I am your enemy. Don't worry about me, it's not as if you could actually hurt me or anything anyway." He said as he laughed a little.

Luna thought about that and she came to the conclusion that maybe he was right, after all, he is the person who easily defeated a giant monster.

"Ok, I'll do it." she told him.

"Great, now get ready." He said as he returned to his previous spot.

She got into a stance by holding the katana in front of her with both hands, left hand over her right one, and bent her knees slightly. Enzo seemed to be surprised by that stance.

"Luna... have you ever held a sword before?" He asked her.

"H-huh? No, I don't think so." She responded, she wasn't sure why he asked her that question.

"...Is that so? Well, whatever, come on."

"Alright" said Luna as she got ready.

She then charged towards Enzo ready to hit him with the sword. She brought her blade to her left and then swung it towards Enzo. Enzo blocked the attack easily with his branch.

"H-huh?" She said, surprised by this, normally his branch would have been easily cut in half by the sword she had in hand, it did not seem to be broken or anything after all.

"Surprised? I might be willing to teach you this "trick" of mine, that is, if you can hit me." He said with mocking smirk.

Luna moved backwards a bit and got back into her position.

"S-so I just have to hit you once, right?" She asked.

"That's right." Responded Enzo.

"A-alright then." She said as she tightened her grip on the katana.

She started running towards Enzo once more, preparing another attack. Thus, beginning her training.

"Master Dubo, we've searched everywhere, but we haven't found the boy." A soldier said as he bowed down in front of a giant man, who was known as Dubo. (10/10 naming skills)

"That can't be possible! He must be hiding somewhere. Pfuh, you are useless." He said in an angered tone.

"M-master Dubo, perhaps he went to hide in the forest somewhere. After all, I don't think he would be stay here waiting for us since he could have just attacked us immediately and-"