Chapter 2: an Unexpected Friend

"I'm gonna have to wear diapers for the rest of my life? What am I gonna do for school? What will my friends think? What if people at school find out?"  

 For the next week, those questions echoed in his mind. His mother visited him in the hospital every day since the accident but other than that, the nurses, and the doctor, he had no company. His room was large enough for two people which confused him since the second bed was there, but no one occupied it. Just then, the doctor walked into the room.

   "Hey John. I just wanted to inform you that the second bed in your room is going to be filled. Now you won't have to worry about your incontinence because your new roommate has the same issue because of  a bladder infection," the doctor explained. "He will join you in about an hour. I hope you can be prepared for a roommate in that time."

   John was overjoyed. He was sick and tired of the silence of the hospital room and that he had no friends to talk to. He was gonna make a friend and that friend had the same issue as him. It was great that he wasn't gonna be alone and that he wouldn't have to hide his diapered state from his roommate. 

   It took him seven minutes to clean up his area. Since all that was there was some candy rappers, he decided to dust off, wipe down, and tidy up his area. He sat and read a manga series called Shugo Chara for the rest of the time until his roommate showed up. after getting through three of the books in the series, a knock could be heard on the room door.

   The doctor walked in with someone trying to hide behind him. he was a slightly tall 7 year old with dirty blond hair and glasses. His eyes were ruby red and he was wearing a Pokemon T-shirt and blue jeans. He wasn't wearing shoes and you could tell he was wearing a diaper underneath his jeans. "Brice, this is your new roommate John. I'm sorry I can't inform you on the schedule but I have a patient who needs me. John can inform you on things around here. Here are a donated pair of shoes and your hospital gown. You can change into the gown or you can just wear your shirt and diaper," the doctor said as Brice's face flushed a deep shade of red and his eyes changed to a purplish-red color, confusing John.

   The doctor walked out of the room as Brice walked to the hospital bed. He sat his stuff down and climbed onto the bed. "Um... do you mind if I just wear a shirt and diaper? It may seem odd to you but I can't stand the feel of the hospital gowns," Brice asked, sounding extremely nervous. "Why are you nervous and why would it be odd? I'm in no better clothing," John said as he pulled back the hospital bed's covers, revealing that he was only wearing a Beyblade T-shirt and diaper. Brice's face lit up.

   "You wear diapers too? It feels great to know I'm not alone in this," Brice said sounding less nervous. John watches Brice's eyes change to an emerald green color. "There's only one thing I want to ask you. Why do your eyes change color," John asked. "Well, I have a prismatic Iris that fluctuates to my emotions. People think I'm a freak and that I'm weird for it," Brice said sounding depressed, his eyes changing ocean blue. "No. I think it's awesome that your eyes do that," John blurted out. Brice looked up and John watched his eyes go from blue to a light shade of pink.

   John and Brice spent the next week with each other. They found out that they had a lot in common and decided to be friends. Brice had an occasional visitor named Ryan. John got to know him and in the end, They were all friends. Ryan promised that he'd bring both Brice and John something every time he visited.

   Ryan left and the doctor knocked on the door. "John, You have a visitor. They say they aren't family but that you've been friends for a long time," the doctor said through the door.

                                                                                      Andrew. 

                                                                         To be Continued...