Chapter 7

Normal POV:

I woke up early the next morning in pain my whole back and im on my stomach I look over to see Kalina is there in a chair I smile then I remembered last night. The Jackel literally trying to kill me I tried moving but it hurt like hell and I let out a yelping sound Kalina was  awake instantly. "Cass are you ok" she asked worried. I gave her a weak smile and nodded "yea as ok as m ever going to be after last night" I say finally sitting up. "how bad is it" I asked refering to my back she looked at me with sad eyes. "Its bad your whole back is well the skin is gone" she explains. "I cant believe he found out" I say looking down. "wait he knows what were going to do"? she asked I frowned and nodded. "he locked me in there on intentionally" I tell her seeing that made her mad because she clenched her fists. I finally convinced Kalina to let me go for a walk that I just need air to clear my head and believe me it was hard changing clothes. I was walking down the street when I saw a girl around my age having trouble with carrying groceries. "umm hey do you need help" I ask walking up to her. She nearly dropped a bag but I caught it "Yes and thank you" she said I took a few of them. "no problem I honestly had nothing else to do" I said now holding some of the bags. I finally got a look at her she was wow "I'm Cassidy Parker by the way" I say walking beside her. " I'm Kathy Kriticose" she says. I stop breathing 'did she just say Kriticose'? I think. "umm do you have anyone in your family working at a college"? I ask. She nodded "yea my dad something with language or something" she says. "why" she asked I shrug "the name just sounded formilear  is all" I say as we walk to an apartment building. 'wait Jean's last name was Kriticose what if this is her daughter and Cyrus wasn't married what if he had a son or nephew'. We get to one of the doors and she unlocks it "just bring them in here" she said we walk into a kitchen I saw an African American woman sitting in there with a boy probably around 9 with a recorder. "hey Kathy who's this" the woman asked. "oh this is Cassidy Parker she helped me carrying these" Kathy said as she was putting the bags down. "just put them here" Kathy said and I did. Then a man walked in "hey dad this is Cassidy she helped me carry the groceries" Kathy said he looked at me to see me looking at him closely. "hello" he said kindly. 'ok I see no resemblance at all but he could be his nephew' I think. "hello sir" I say awkwardly. He sticks his hand out "I'm Arthur Kriticose" he says I take his hand and shake it. "nice to meet you I'm Cassidy Parker" I said while shaking hands. "so do you attend college" he asked taking his seat. I nodded "yea I do" I say. "what's your major" he asked I scratched the back of my head. "umm I don't want you to think I'm crazy but I major in Parapsychology" I said feeling awkward. "cool you mean like dead people" the little boy said. "Bobbie" Kathy says in a disapproving voice. "ghosts yes its really fascinating" I say. "have you always been into that sort of thing" Arthur asked. I nodded "do you actually get to see any ghosts" Bobbie asked. "Bobbie stop" Kathy said. "sorry about my son" he said. "its cool" I say and look at  my watch. "why aren't you in class today" Arthur asked. "umm I was in sort of an accident last night" I say placing a hand on my back gently. "I have to go it was nice meeting you" I say getting ready to walk to the door. "hey I'll walk you out" Kathy said. When we got to the door she looked at me "sorry about that. It was great meeting you" she said I smiled at her. "its ok it was great meeting you too. we should hang out sometime" I say. She smiles and nodded "yea that would be great" she said. "hang on" she said and went to the kitchen and came back with a piece of paper "here call me and well hang out" she said. I took it and nodded and left. When I got back to the house I saw Kalina on the phone with someone "hey I'm back" I say closing the door. "here its Cole" Kalina said. I took the phone "hey Cole" I say into the phone. "hey you sound happy" she said. "yup I've had a pretty good day actually" I say and yawn. "tell me" Cole said I laughed "I met someone today" I say earning a curious look from Kalina. "really she must be something to catch your attention" Cole said I laughed. "she's cool but.." I say sounding worried now. "what" both Kalina and Cole said. "Cole I'll talk to you later Im going to lay down" I say she says ok and we hang up. I then looked at Kalina "I cant tell her without risking Dennis touching her and telling Cyrus" I say looking at Kalina. "I have a hunch that this girl and her family might be related some how to Cyrus" I say looking down. "and that they know the Withered Lover" I say now looking up. "I'll do some research and tell you what i find you go get some sleep" Kalina said I nodded and went up stairs.

Kalina's POV:

I'm sitting in my office typing on the computer trying to find something out "ok what was the Withered Lover's name again" I ask myself looking at the list and typed in Jean Kriticos into the search bar 'ok she was married to Arthur Kriticos with two kids Kathy the oldest and Bobbie the youngest' i think and then I freeze 'what if he knows about the thirteenth ghost' I think worried. I get up and leave the my office and go downstairs and end up falling asleep on the couch.

13th Ghost Love StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara