Chapter 3

Akina POV (starting from beginning of last chapter)
When I opened my eyes, I didn't see the green leaves of the forest, or hear nature's voice. Instead, I saw an old man which I assumed was the Hokage, a man with white hair, and a man with scary eyes. Looks like I jinxed myself. I just got kidnapped by Konoha. Why me? My body felt drained and I don't think I could fight a Hokage and 2 ANBUs. Noticing the hands they put on their pouches, I secretly put my guard up. Deciding to act innocent, I yawned. I just woke up after all. Suddenly, the ANBU ran toward me.
"STOP", the Hokage ordered," STAND DOWN AND STORE YOUR WEAPONS"
Dang, I thought, for an old man with smoking issues, he has some pretty big lungs.
I zoned out for a bit, but came back when the ropes suddenly fell. Still cautious, I stayed still even though all I wanted to do was stretch my body and run free. Then, they started talking, completely ignoring me, but still tensed. Some time after, they interrogated me and I answered them truthfully. After some thinking, I think we could settle down in Konoha for a bit. Maybe even my whole life, I don't know.
Feeling bored, I zoned out again. I started talking to Risu in my mind.
Looks like I got kidnapped by Konoha, Risu. What should I do?
You should probably hear what they are going to do to you first. It's not like you have a choice on what you want to do when you're captured by a great village. You should act innocent at first and slowly develop into your normal attitude as you grow older. They'll probably think you're entering your dramatic age and is starting to change. Also, your rank in ninja language is probably average Chūnin. They'll probably put you in the academy since you're young even if you are the Orphan of the woods. Kids are still kids no matter how mature, dangerous, pervy, or tall they are. You also might want to zone back in again. I think they're finished.
Ok. Bye!
As I zoned back in, I heard the last bit of the conversation.
"-she should be able to pass the test easily. Dismissed."
After that, the white haired guy grabbed my elbow and dragged me out of the room. Going along with the flow, I don't resist. Suddenly, the walls blur and I'm seated on something high. Startled, I grab the closest thing near me, which happened to be his hair, and stabilized myself. Then, I relaxed. As always, I went along with the flow even though I had no idea where this person is taking me. He could be taking me to my doom where I get killed or beaten. Or, he could be taking me to a buffet where I could eat all I want.
What?
Don't judge me. I was born normally, I promise! I'm totally not a sushi/food-lover-who-will-eat-anything-and-everything-when-hungry.
Pft. What?
Nah, never.
I start to whistle innocently in my mind.
A movement captures my attention back to the real world. The person below me took out a book and started reading. I ignore it because it's just a book. It's not like he's a perverted man who reads pervy books, right?
You never know what kind of person someone is at first glance. Some people are hard to read, but there are some people in the world who at first glance, you can tell is a bad person, Risu reminded me.
Random/Not Story Time!! :D
One time, during my journey, while I was walking on the street in Suna, I bumped into a tall man because I was lost in my thoughts. The man was dressed fairly nicer then me. He looked really kind too. He dressed up in a clean, white suit and shiny shoes compared to my shaggy rags I called cloths. If I see cloths I can wear, I wear it. Dirty, or not.
Anyway, he picked me back up, smiled, and asked me if I was okay.
I, of course, said yes and was about to go on my merry way when he suddenly grabbed me and started running into a dark, abandoned house. I started struggling, but it was no use. A grown man with a strong, healthy body vs a skinny, malnourished, little girl. I believe I was around 7 by that time.
Inside, it was dark but I could see some things due to the light shinning through the door. The house had lots of spider webs which lit up when he opened the door. I saw the faint outline of other cages until I got thrown into one myself. Before I could react, he closed and locked the cage door. There was enough light emitting from the door for me to see a really creepy grin grow onto his face and I was probably hallucinating, but I saw his eyes glow a bit.
The dark blue eyes that sent fear through my body, making me get goosebumps and made my hair stand up all along my body, and seemed to suck the soul out of my body. After that, he left the house alone for a few days, but later came back with a really fat man who resembled an obese pig and 2 men who wore strange clothing and a scratched headland.
The man who abducted me got handed a bag of something and one of the strange clothing men came to my cage, opened the door, and dragged me out by the hair. My scalp was practically screaming and I wanted to scream. I opened my mouth to scream, but my throat was far too dry from lack of water for days.
Suddenly, pieces of wood and dust came down from the sky.
Just kidding.
The roof came down and I wished I was back inside the cage where I could have some kind of cover rather then being in the open where everything could hit me.
All of a sudden, in the time span of about 3 seconds, I went from being held from my hair, to the cold, cool ground in my face with something heavy on top of my body and a throbbing head.
Suddenly, I felt all the pain. My body tensed and tingled with pain. The pain was the greatest I ever felt. It felt like the sky just crashed on my body. Imagine that. The big and spacious sky squished and pressured into a space the size of my body and dropped on me. My body reacted to the pain negatively. My head started bleeding, my back started bleeding from the nail digging into my body, my vision blurred and black spots started appearing. Through all the blood pouring in my face, the spots, and the blur, I saw 5 people take down the bad people and this time, their headbands weren't scratched. Then I blacked out completely.
A few days later, I woke up in a hospital, but I only stayed for a few days until I started moving again. I wasn't completely healed, but if they knew I couldn't pay the hospital bills, they would throw me out and I would feel worse then I would going out by myself. I bought myself a small dagger and 4 water bottles with some money I stolen. Then, I began my travel out of the desert. I assumed it would be a long trip so I only took a couple of sips of water each day. By the time I reached the end of the desert, I already drank all my water and was mildly dehydrated, but there was a lake near so I drank out of it.
Days after, I started training myself to be prepared to defend myself. It took months before I could knock down an average tree with 5-9 kicks.
End
From that day on, I trusted people with a headband that had no scratch on it and raised my guard up when I saw a person who had a scratched one. The people who didn't have headbands, I raised my guard up too. Even if they're a child. I know trusting a person without reason is wrong, but the people who saved my life wore them, so yeah.
Do I even need to explain it?
Anyway, I saw some steam rise up so I looked down. The person had a pervy face on his face. I looked toward the book and read a couple sentences.
By the time I read 2 sentences, my whole face was flushed and red as the reddest ladybug in the world. I calmed down and covered his eyes.
He should feel ashamed! Reading a bad book with a child by him.
I sighed. People these days.
He took my hand off his eye.
I put it back on.
He took my off.
This happened a few more times until he picked me up and put me on the ground.
Dang it!
I was really enjoying my free transportation, but now I have to walk. Bummer.
A humongous gloved hand dangled in front of my face. It was like it was mocking me. Daring me to grab it.
I grabbed it.
He stopped.
We had a small conversation before he picked me up and put me back on his shoulders. This time, he didn't bring out the book.
I respect that. Another one.
Just kidding.
We continued walking toward somewhere. It was pretty awkward to me so I tried to strike up a conversation.
"Why is your hair sticking up?", I giggled.
He shrugged.
"Why do you read those kind of books"
He shrugged again. I was really getting annoyed at his lack of response.
"Where are we going?", I tried one last time.
"Home", He finally answered.
"Home?", I tilted my head, confused.
"Yes, home. My apartment. You are my daughter now so my home is also your home, apartment or not."
The rest of the walk was silent. I think he knew I was playing with his hair, but his hair was so cool! It doesn't go down like my hair. It stood up like it was proudly presenting that it won the fight against gravity.
When we got "home", he cooked something while I sat on the couch, staring at the wall. I was bored, but I stayed still on the couch.
If I said that we were eating casually like a family, I would be lying. He ate in like 1 second flat so I couldn't see his face. While I was busy scarfing down the food, he was watching me so it felt creepy.
After I ate, we went up to a bedroom, that I assumed was his, and slept.
For the first time in a few years, I felt safe when I slept on a bed with his arms protectively around me. I know it's crazy sleeping with a stranger, but he called me his daughter and that reminded my of my parents.
Nothing could go wrong now.
.
.
Could it?
________________________
.
.
.
,
.
:D
Thank you @nuclear123 for the really great comment! I appreciate it a lot more then you might think.