Chapter 8

Warning, bloody scene....
"Hi."
.
.
o.O?
What? I was expecting a "Once you enter, you cannot go out. Only I can." Or a, "Fool!! You should have known this would be your doom. Say your prayers 'cause this is where you die!" With an evil laugh at the end. Not just a simple "Hi." Like, seriously? You kidnapped my friend and the only thing you say is Hi? You led me all the way down here just so you could say hi? You went through the floor of a dirty house into a clean library just so you could say hi? Nah, man. You need to explain what's going on!! You need to say what you want to say, and let the words flow out. 'Cause honesty, I don't want to waste my time.
Thankfully, he continued.
"As you can see, we are in a mini library." Nah, we're in a hot tub. "And you're probably wondering why. You see, Nao has a special Kekkai Genkai that only his clan has. However, even though I know his clan, I will not say, for I have promised to take the secret to the grave. Also, Nao is in good hands. You can go now. The door is 2 bookshelves to your right."
Hold up. This person thinks he can go and take Nao and for me to not do anything? He needs to prove that he's a good man. He needs to prove that he will treat Nao good. He needs to prove that is responsible enough to take care of him. Who does he think he is, walking right up to Nao and taking him like taking candy from a baby? My eyes sharpened as I glared at the green haired man. If looks could kill, he would be buried underneath a mountain made of anything sharp that can pierce through his skin. My hands started to tremble, while my breathing became a bit more labored. My nose puffed furiously as I stomped right up to the unknown man.
"You dare tell me to go when you haven't even proved yourself good for Nao!?! How do you even know who he is? I don't even know your name for goodness sake!" By now, my hands were clenching and unclenching, desperately wanting to punch him in the face.
"Well, you can have faith in me. Tell you what, if you don't see Nao tomorrow on the streets, then you can punch me."
Are you kidding me right now?! This man expects me to leave Nao? I already said it once, and I'm gonna say it twice. I'm not. Leaving. Nao.
"No! I'm not leaving Nao!!! Not until I know he's ok, at least." My tone lowered at the end as I suddenly had depressing thoughts. Nao dying, Nao never waking up again, Nao tortured until he drowns in his own blood, NAO!!!
By this point, I was to into my depressing thoughts to notice the strange man put a gengutsu on me.
Suddenly, I saw Nao waking up. My heartbeat sped up for a moment, then returned to normal. I zoomed over to him and hugged him, crying tears of joy.
"Your alive. Your awake. Are you hurt anywhere?" My mother hen mode appeared as I turned his side to side, trying to see if there was any injuries.
"Now that you know that he's good, you can go now." My eyes searched Nao's eyes for any kind of distrust or resent for the guy, but all I found was trusting and loving eyes. I didn't question it, and slowly walked over to the exit. Once I reached the door, I looked back, wanting to make sure that Nao was 200% sure he trusted this guy. Sad thing was, he didn't even look at me. His eyes were focused on the unknown man, mouth smiling like he just received the greatest gift in the world.
I sighed, and went through the door. Once all of my body went through the door, I was teleported back to the place where Nao transformed. Knowing the way back to the hotel, I walked back there. Along the way, I was silently going over my decision. Was I correct in leaving Nao there? Should I have forced Nao to come with me? Sighing once again, I arrived at my bed and went to sleep. Deep in my heart, I knew I had done wrong.

~~~~~~
Next Day
~~~~~~

My eyes snapped open as the sunlight shot my eye. Chills raced through me as I had a sinking feeling of what happened to Nao. I ignored it, thinking it would only be a small, bad situation. Like encountering some rude children, even though I was just a child myself. I did my morning hygiene, and mentally prepped myself. I was hoping, hoping with all my might that Nao would be alright; just fine. No signs of anything and everyone will treat Nao just the same as before he transformed. Somewhere deep in my mind, I knew it wouldn't happen, but one can hope, can they not?
On the road outside the hotel, I started my adventure. Turning left, I headed in that direction, for that was the direction the unknown man's house was in.
I was just half-a-block to a block away from the place where Nao transformed when I suddenly heard loud cheers. Curious, I walked a little faster, ignoring my instinct that practically screamed, don't go!!!!!
I wish I listened. What I saw froze me from the ends of my hair to the bottom of my feet. It was like the time my family died, only, it was Nao this time. On a tree, right in the middle of a clearing full of people, was Nao, chained to the tree by the neck, legs, and arms. On his body were numerous weapons ranging from glass shards, to swords. I wished the red liquid layer that covered Nao was paint and that it was just a prank, but I knew it was blood. Nao's blood. Next to him, on the ground, smirking, was the unknown man collecting money from someone. I should have looked away.
After the man handed him the money, he took a step back, and threw something. I was at an angle that didn't allow me to see what he threw, not that I wanted to, but I heard the sound of a bone cracking.
It felt like my body shut down; power all the way out. My eyes wide, and my muscles not working, I fell with a thud, frozen all over.
I trusted that man. Nao trusted that man. Oceans poured out of my eyes as I squeezed them shut, wanting this to all be a nightmare that I could wake up to. My heart pounded on my rib cage, seeming like it wanted to go out and fight.
I fainted.
When I woke up, the sun was just above the horizon. As I slowly stood up, there were still a couple people there. I didn't have the energy to cry anymore. My eyes were swollen and red, with tear marks running down my cheeks. I slowly inched my way to the man. By the time I got there, no one was there except Nao and that thing. When I glanced at Nao, he was unconscious, with every inch of his body coated in the dry, red liquid that was the color of my anger and all kinds of weapons. Underneath him seemed like a whole ocean of blood. I never felt so disappointed in myself, knowing that I got tricked by a gengutsu.
"WHY?!?! I trusted you!! He trusted you!! You said!!!. . ." And with that, I broke down crying again, my body wasting some more water I had in store. I slowly lowered my body down to the ground, sobs tearing through the silence, and tears mixing with Nao's blood. I weakly pounded the ground, now kneeling on the ground.
He chuckled. Not the chuckles when you see something funny--no. This one was different. It was a dry, humorless chuckle. The sound of a person with a dead soul.
"Kid, when you need money, you use any possible way to do so. Even if it means chaining up someone the whole village hates and torturing him until he cries blood. Also, Nao's not dead yet." He started walking away, dragging Nao by the back of his head. He walked in a direction, getting tinier and tinier.
Yet.
That word triggered energy to pump from my brain and into my blood. I started seeing red and I got overcome with the desire to see the unknown man get ripped to shreds in my arms. With new, unknown speed, I ran toward the man, drawing a kunai.
He never saw it coming.
He, however, felt it.
I stabbed him right in the neck. It wasn't a simple stab either. The tip of the kunai appeared on the other side of the man's neck. Immediately, blood squirted out like a broken fountain. Not too strong, but still flowing. He started choking up blood. His grip on Nao loosened, and his eyes started clouding over. In just a couple seconds, he died. I don't know why I didn't react at that moment, but I had a trauma over 2 things the next month. The first thing, me killing the unknown man. The second thing,
.
.
Me snapping Nao's neck.
If Nao lived, he would get looked down upon, beaten up at every corner. But if he died a quick and painless death, he wouldn't have to feel anymore pain. I hesitated a great ton, but in the end, I did it. All while tears poured out.
Dragging Nao away into the forest, using all my remaining strength, I dug him a grave. Lowering the body was the second hardest thing to do in my life. My first - my family's grave.
Covering the body with dirt, I collapsed, but didn't pass out. I didn't care that I was going to get dirty, Nao died! And I killed him. I was the one who killed him. Not those heartless villagers, me!!!
Me. . .
To mark Nao's grave, I grabbed an orange from my bag. Opening it, I went straight for the seeds, ignoring the food in front of me. Having collected 8 seeds, I planted it along the outline of Nao's grave. Then, I passed out on top of the grave.
The next day, I left the village. The week after, I encountered Risu.
Flashback/Story time End

I know you are probably mad at me for not updating, but schools hard. We already had our first major grade along with 3 quizzes and some more daily grades. Anyway, finally made a chapter. Also, I am so glad for labor day. One extra day of break, then back to prison-- I mean school.
Good luck with your school if you're in school!!!