What to say... (Yoonmin)

-->YOONMIN<--

prompt: awkward first date at a coffee shop

Jimin's POV

It was just the other day when I'd asked Yoongi out on a date. He seemed flustered and asked when and where. I told him then and here we are now.

Experiencing the most awkward coffee date of our lives.

We sat in silence, just sipping on our drinks. You wouldn't think that two people who'd been friends and bandmates for so long would be so quiet when on a date. But it's true. Neither of us could muster a word.

Perhaps it was just the sudden change in relationship and all. I mean, we did tend to be a little quiet and shy.

"Look I really don't know what to say," I just shook my head.

Yoongi let out a breath that he'd obviously been holding in, "Me neither, this is so awkward."

"So, uh, is your coffee good?" I asked.

"Um, yeah. It's nice. Yours?" Yoongi tapped on the table with his fingers.

"It's tasty," I answered.

"Good, good...," he trailed off and just looked everywhere around the shop except for where I sat.

It was quiet for a minute more and felt like dying, so I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Can we just kiss?"

His widened eyes and confusion snapped me back to reality.

"Wait, I didn't mean that. It just came out. It was—"

"Okay."

"Yeah, I...," I stopped talking and looked at him in disbelief, "You said okay? A-As in... okay?"

Yoongi nodded and looked down at his drink.

Giving a shrug, I leaned forward and planted my plump lips on his smaller ones. We closed our eyes and let the kiss continue.

When we pulled away we just stared at each other. Half of me wanted to just leave and the other half was too in love with the man in front of me to me to move.

Of course, one side had to win.

"We should go."

"Let's." He said.

So, picking up our empty cups, we tossed them in the trash and walked out, holding hands, and back to the comfort of our dorm. Maybe we'd watch a movie, or cuddle, or listen to music, or kiss so more. Hopefully all of it.

As long as words were not needed, I think we were content.

So speak we did not.

Sitting in each other's arms and watching a musical while kissing every few minutes was a much better idea than coffee.

Who would've thought silence was more comfortable.

Not that I was complaining.

After all, Yoongi tasted much better than coffee.