Someone loves you - Part 1 (Yoonseok)

prompt: Hoseok doesn't hear what he's told, he hears sometime else. Yoongi wanted to save him

warning: angst, hallucinations, depression, suicide

Hoseok's POV

My feet shuffled on the ground as I was walking home. The day felt so bitter. I couldn't even lift my foot up to walk properly. The scraping of my shoes against the sidewalk was about to make my ears bleed, but that would be the easiest pain to deal with today.

The sky was so gray, yet it was only five o'clock. The sidewalk and road was bustling with people and cars, and the air felt clogged up. It would take another fifteen minutes to get home. I took in a deep breath, immediately regretting it as the filthy air and second hand smoke seemed to flood into my nostrils all at once.

Then I stopped for a second. Something seemed off. A few people bumped into me, some cursing at me and others apologizing, but I paid them no mind. My feet had decided to turn right, over to the bridge.

Before I knew it, I was standing on the very edge of the large, strong bridge.

"Do you ever want to die?"

I looked to the side and saw a man. I've never seen him, but I felt a sense of trust and familiarity as I gazed upon him. His hair was mint colored and looked rough, like it had gone through much treatment. The bags under his eyes were obvious and his expression looked utterly defeated. I knew because I've seen it before. Everyday when I look in the mirror. His clothes looked nice though, maybe a bit young for him, but he was undoubtedly attractive. He was also a bit shorter than I, but not by much.

"Saying that the thought has never crossed my mind would be a lie," was how I responded.

"Min Yoongi."

"Jung Hoseok."

We probably stood there for about thirty minutes, just looking upon the raging waters below us, resisting the urge to jump. I'm not sure why I didn't jump, if I had to be honest.

So we just continued to stand in silence.

I think our thoughts were the same, because we both walked away from the ledge and not a word was uttered. We just left. And I went home. He probably did too.

— — — —

Today was just as gray. Except there were more clouds. I was walking home again. But again, I ended up on the ledge. Right next to Yoongi.

"My song was taken today. I was framed for plagiarism and was fired," he said, not bothering to look at me.

"My boss said he fired me yesterday. Then he said I was schizophrenic or something. He yelled at me," is what I said.

"I think he's right."

"Me too."

— — — —

Today I didn't bother doing anything. I sat on the edge of the bridge again. Yoongi was there too. He seems to understand me. And I don't think he hates me.

"How do you want to die?" He asked.

"Overdose. I want to go insane. Maybe then I'll recognize the voices in my head."

"It seems fitting."

"What about you?" I wondered aloud.

"I want to burn. Set everything around me into flames, as if curing the world of my existence."

"Someone loves you," I told him.

"Someone loves you too."

— — — —

"Where do you live?" Yoongi asked me.

It was pouring rain and I might have well been naked because of how soaked my clothes were. Instead of feeling cold, I felt numb.

"Will we die together?"

"Is that what you want?"

"I've never felt the warmth of someone before. Dying with someone is the closest I'll ever get." I replied.

"Tomorrow."

I nodded my head. Then I got up and walked away, in the direction of the market. I made sure to buy plenty of over-the-counter medicines. The cashier looked at me with concern, but when I looked twice, I'm pretty sure she was just scoffing at me.

— — — —

I was a little bit late today. Today seemed normal. The sky was gray and the streets were busy. I put my hand on Yoongi's shoulder. He got up and he followed me. I smelled the gasoline coming from his duffle bag.

I unlocked the door and entered my broken down apartment with rent way overdue. Yoongi placed his duffle bag on my bed and pulled out the contents. Three containers of gasoline and a box with a single match inside.

"Thank you," I think I smiled.

"Bye." He said.

His voice was void of emotion, but the look in his eyes was ecstatic.

I let him douse the room in gasoline as I went into the bathroom, leaving the door open. Empty boxes and containers littered the floor, but I ignored it as usual and went to the shelf, taking the box in my hand and looking at the pills inside.

I turned around and saw Yoongi laying on my bed, as well as the room that was quickly filling up with smoke and fire. I coughed and actually smiled. Because finally, I think I found a friend.

_______________________________

A/N this kinda sucks, sorry. The next part is yoongi's pov