Chapter 9 - Meeting the Band

Today was an average day at Ouran. Birds were chirping, hosts were flirting and girls were squealing. There was only one thing missing. Our dear (y/n) was nowhere to be found. "Haruhi-kun?" a young girl asked the popular host. "Hmm?" the said host hummed. "Do you know where (y/n) is? She hasn't been at school all day." the girl asked. "Apparently she had something important come up at work. She should be back tomorrow." the cross-dressing girl stated.

No, you weren't skipping out on school or being bullied again. This time you really were called into work. Walking the halls of the studio, you looked out to the cherry blossom trees. 'I'm missing out on hosting' you thought, seemingly depressed. Walking up the last staircase, you ran into a familiar girl. "Owww... Huh? (Y/N)?!?!?!?!" the silver-haired girl yelled. "Yuki-chan?" you said, looking into her pinkish-red eyes. "Wow, I haven't seen you since our last performance together! You going to the meeting?" you asked, wondering if she knew any details about the suspicious meeting. Yuki was another idol who worked in the same area as you, and you two performed together every now and then. "Yea, but it's stupid to pull us out of school for a meeting we don't know anything about! W-Well, it's not l-like I care or anything." she said, pouting. "Sure you don't" you stated, poking her puffed out cheeks "But I agree. I'm missing out on spending time with the club." She turned to you, surprised. "C-club?!? YOU joined a club?!?!?! You are so different from last time we performed. N-not that I c-care or anything!" You giggled at the tsundere and continued into the meeting room.

You didn't expect a pillow to be flung into your face the second you walked in. Yuki and you looked around the room to see a few familiar faces of some male idols. A black-haired guy sat in the corner of the room, trying to block out the sounds. A loud blonde male was yelling at another blonde male, who had blonde twin tugging on him, trying to keep his twin from attacking the loud one. The twins were wearing cat hoodies, one black and one white. The guys turned to look at you, shivering at your glare, before continuing to yell. The ravenette in the corner looked like he was about to cry. You were about to yell at them, but were beaten by Yuki. "ALL OF YOU SHUT UP FOR FIVE SECONDS AND TELL US WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! AND APOLOGIES FOR HITTING (Y/N)!! N-not that I care s-she was hit..." Everyone went silent as two more people walked into the room.

"My apologies for being late. I will be your new producer from now on. Allow me to explain the situation." a tall man with raven hair and red eyes said. 'He looks like Sebastian Michaelis' you said, trying not to blush. "All of you are here to form a unit. You all have great talent and I believe that by becoming a band of sorts will improve your popularity and chances to perform at big venues." Everyone slowly nodded in understanding to Producer-san (yes, that is his name now). "Now all of you, please take a seat and we will begin introductions." Everyone got seated and you saw the person who was behind the producer before. "KAEDE-KUN!!!!" you yelled, glomping the poor male. "Ehhh!?!?!? (y/n)?!?!?" You snuggled into the arms of your childhood friend. "Kaede-kun, why did you leave me?" you whimpered into his arms. "Gomenasai (y/n)." he hugged you, a few tears slipping down his cheek.

"Well I assume you two have met before? Anyways, let's get onto introductions. Kaede, please go first." The blonde nodded "Hey guys, nice to meet ya! The name's Kaede Akiyama. My name means Maple leaf and I am half Canadian. I lived there for the past few years and only came back to japan a few days ago. I mainly just sing. Let's get along!" He let go of you and did a derpy salute. Next the loud blonde stood up. "Watsup dudes! I'm Kiyoshi Nakada. Half 'MERICAN! I play drums better than anyone!" The producer then motioned for the two with cat hoodies to stand up. "We are Seiichi and Senichi Shinozaki, call us Sei and Sen. Good luck figuring out who is who! We both play guitar." You pointed to the one wearing he white jumper "Sei-kun" and then the one with the black "Sen-kun" You smirked, knowing you were right. When it came to this sort of thing it was like you had the shinigami eyes. They stared at you with wide eyes as they sat back down. Next Yuki was asked to introduce herself. "I'm Yuki Moshida. I play bass and I'm not telling you anything else, except, don't touch/hurt (y/n), or you die. Got it? A-although i-it's not like I care about her or anything." she finished with a pout. "She's just a tsundere, don't worry about it" you told the others. The producer then motioned for the guy with black hair to go. "Umm... My n-name is Yoshio Honda. S-some people call me Hoshi, b-because I like stars and the zodiac. I p-play the keyboard. L-let's be friends...." the ravenette said, obviously shy. You slightly 'awwed' at him, causing him to blush. You giggled at this 'mwahaha, the benefits of being a hostess.' The producer then looked at you. "Hey people! I'm (y/n) Neko, also known as Nekocchi! I generally sing. I also-" you took off your hood, showing them your cat ears and tail. "Have cat ears and a tail. Try not to tell anyone this, and if you do, don't use my name. Let's get along!" you continued, winking.

"With that all done, I will leave you to get to know each other. Have fun!" Producer-san said, leaving the room. There was an awkward silence as you got a text. 'Is the meeting over? Everyone wants to see you. A host meeting starts soon. Please come.' - Haru-nyan. "Uhh... Sorry guys but I have to get to school for club stuff. You are free to come if you want." you said, standing up to leave. "I wanna go see (y/n)-chan's school!" Kaede said, waving his hand like a little kid. The others agreed to come along as well. You all walked through the school gates and you spotted your favorite cross-dresser. "Haru-nyan!~" you yelled, pouncing on her. The band looked both confused and shocked. "Haruhi? Man it's been forever." Kaede said, walking up to you two. "Kaede? Your finally back in Japan. This one missed you so much." she said, pointing to you. The band walked up to you, so decided to introduce them. "Anyways, Haru-nyan. This is my new band. As you know there is Kaede, then Yuki, Sei, Sen, Kiyoshi and Yoshio! Guys this is my twin 'brother', Haruhi. She's a girl btw" you said, whispering the last part. They all stared at each other for a second before you pulled them towards the club. "Come on, you need to meet the club!"

You soon walked into the club room, only for Haruhi to be pulled into a bone-crushing hug. "Don't you worry Haruhi. We're determined to keep your secret. No one will find out you're really a girl during tomorrow's physical exams. So please, promise that you will stay our beloved secret Princess! (y/n)! You're back!" the king yelled, before hugging you as well. "Hey Tama-nii! Sorry I missed out on hosting. Anyways, this is my band." You introduced the band to the hosts and explained what the host club is. "So Kyo-nii. Since physical exams are tomorrow, and I'm technically not a student, do I have to go?" you asked him, hoping he would understand. It's not just the cat ears you wanted to hide. You got a few scars from the girls and if anyone found out you would feel bad. "Well, I don't see any reason for you to go if you don't want to." the shadow king said. "Thanks Kyo-nii" you said, before running off to talk to the others. The band said they had other stuff to do, so they left. Kyoya informed you of the situation.

Tamaki suddenly spoke up, "Listen up, squad members! At tomorrow's physical exams, position yourselves in A, and then wait for your orders." You looked at him for a moment, trying to figure out what he was talking about. "I've got it. You guys are worried because if they find out I'm a girl, I can't be a host and therefore can't repay my debt. My balance is 5,333,332 yen. Well, guess I'll have to find another way to pay you back." Haruhi said, not caring about the situation. "Well, if Haru-nyan doesn't care if she gets found out, does it matter? It should be her choice" you said, supporting Haruhi. "Do something! The subjects don't appear to have any motivation!" the twins yelled. "Why'd we get stuck with such a difficult heroine. Are you saying that you hate being a host!? That you hate this club!?" Tamaki screamed. "To be honest, I'd have to say yes" she responded and you nudged her. Seeing your upset face, she continued. "I mean, you guys aren't bad, but if it gets out that I'm a girl, there's nothing I can do, ya know?" The twins looked at each other before speaking. "She doesn't seem to care one way or the other" Hikaru started. "Well, before we do anything else, we have to find out a way to motivate her" Kaoru continued. "Isn't it her choice on what happens?" you asked, being ignored. The others were thinking of ways to convince her when Mori spoke up. "Fancy tuna" Everyone looked like something clicked before muttering things about Haruhi and fancy tuna. You pouted and walked away, being completely ignored. "What are you talking about? Don't be silly. Just 'cause I'm poor and I've never had it, doesn't mean that I'm so much of a glutton that I'd go on fooling everyone about my gender just to try some fancy tuna. Hehehe. Am I really gonna get to try it?" Haruhi asked.

Everyone then suddenly turned to you. "What?" you asked, still irritated that you were ignored. "(y/n)-chan! Let's have macaroons!" the short Lolita exclaimed. Unable to stay mad, you excitedly glomped him. "Can we really get macaroons?" you asked, eyes sparkling. He nodded and smiled at you. "You look prettier when you smile!" he said, causing you to blush. Honey - 1. Everyone else - 0.