Chapter 10 - Attack of the Lady Manager

Today was another day of hosting. "Oh Tamaki...My dearest Tamaki, why are you so beautiful?" a young lady asked the king. "I'm hoping to catch your eye. Even for just one second." Tamaki responded. "Then why is your voice so sweet and mellow?" another girl asked. "To set your nerves at ease, so that my true feelings may reach your heart" Tamaki said. "Why are your eyes filled with tears every time you look at me?" a third girl asked. "Because the sight of your beautiful smile, causes the fountain inside me to start overflowing" he responded. The three girls all awed. 'What the hell is this, Little red riding hood?' you thought, adjusting your kimono. You looked over to the twins. "I think it's adorable that you're wearing matching kimonos" one of their guests stated. "Our mother designed everything the hosts are wearing today. If you see something you like, we can take an order for you" Thing 1 said. "Our grandmother even helped us put them on" Thing 2 continued. "But you know the only one who will be undressing you is me, Kaoru" Hikaru told his twin, holding him lovingly. "Hikaru...You're embarrassing me in front of everybody" the younger twin said, blushing. You turned away, blushing and trying to hide your nose bleed. "Haruhi, you look so cute in your kimono, you too (y/n)" you heard a girl say as Haruhi stood next to you. "Haruhi, it seems you've had a pretty steady flow of new customers lately. Keep up the good work. I'm not going to charge you interest on your debt like I normally would, so keep this up and should be able to pay it off. Although the rental fee on the kimono you're wearing is nothing to sneeze at." Kyoya said. You quickly shoved a cheque into Kyoya's face, paying the fees for the kimono she was wearing. The kimono you were wearing was one that Yuki gave to you for your birthday the year prior.

You walked away as some girls went to Kyoya for photo books. Honey walked over to you, tears in his eyes "(y/n)-Chan, (y/n)-Chan...I don't know how but I lost one of my sandals." wiping his tears away, you said "Weren't you were just wearing them? It can't be far." Mori came over and gave Honey his missing sandal in a teary scene. 'What's up with all the tears?' you thought, mindlessly walking. You soon bumped into Kaoru, something falling out of his sleeve. Picking it up, you saw that it was eye drops. Haruhi walked over to you as you stared at Kaoru, before stating "Seriously?" He just shrugged and said "For your information, it's common for a host to use eye drops" Hikaru then joined in, "No woman alive can resist a man on the brink of tears" You nodded, recalling the girls squealing over the teary scenes, whereas Haruhi deadpanned, "That's cheating" Hikaru kept talking to Haruhi when Kaoru gave you some sort of sugary sweet. You looked up at him, eyes sparkling, "I can have this?" He laughed and patted your head "Aren't you the cutest?" You noticed that Haruhi also had one, and you smiled at her. "I didn't know you liked sweets Haruhi, (y/n)" a girl stated. "Yup! I luv 'em" you said, already eating it. "Well, to be honest with you, I don't really. But you know, I think it would be a nice memorial offering to my mother" Haruhi responded. Tamaki came up to Haruhi, handing her a bunch of sweets "How admirable of you! Such devotion to your mother's memory. Please Haruhi, take as many of these as you like." Haruhi just sighed and handed them to you, "Let me guess, the tears are fake" Tamaki dramatically stated "How could you! My tears are always genuine, Haruhi. Being able to cry without the use of eye drops is the mark of a true host. Tell me, do I impress you? Have you fallen for me yet?" Haruhi deadpanned, "You wish"

I left the conversation as I saw a girl by the entrance. Tugging on Kaoru's sleeve, you motioned towards her. "She's new, I'm guessing. What should we do?" He told Hikaru something before flirting with her. This somehow resulted with Tamaki on the floor and the new girl in Kyoya's arms. 'What just happened...?'

*le fabulous time skip*

The mysterious girl introduced herself as Renge, Kyoya's fiance. "Kyo-nii, you have a fiance? She's really pretty." you whispered to him. Renge glared at you for whispering to 'her fiance' but suddenly smiled brightly. "NEKOCCHI!!!!! I'M SUCH A HUGE FAN!! I'VE BEEN TO MOST OF YOUR CONCERTS AND I HAVE PLAYED ALL OF YOUR GAMES!!" She screamed, hugging you. You just realized that you were still wearing your kimono, witch you had actually performed in before, meaning she knew who you were and about your cat ears. "C-can't breath" you managed to say, as she was still hugging you. She slightly -and I mean really slightly- let go of you so you could breath. "You make games?" Hikaru asked, referring to what she said earlier. You nodded. "So, Renge-san, you are the only one of my fans who knows my real name. Please don't tell anyone. Pinky promise" you told her, sticking out your pinky. She promised not to tell, and you heard the others 'aww' at the pinky promise and your cute attitude. "So your Kyo-nii's fiance?" you asked her. She nodded, "He's a gentle man who is kind to everyone, but doesn't ask for anything in return! He likes solitude but in fact sometimes he gets lonely! He looks like the star of the popular dating sim, Uki-doki Memorial! You're my real life Ichijo Miyabi!" She fantasied. "You play Uki-doki Memorial?" you ask her. "Yup! It's my favorite of all your games!" she said, as you two started fangirling about all the games and anime you were both into. "Uki?" Haruhi said. "Doki?" Honey said. "Otaku!!" Tamaki yelled. "Otaku?" Hikaru questioned. "I've never seen one!" Kaoru said. You nudged him. "I'm an Otaku" you pouted. Somehow, you all found out that Renge and Kyoya aren't engaged, Renge managed to become the host club's manager, and you two exchanged numbers and planned to have a sleepover that night. Don't question it. It just happened. Otaku friends are friends for life. Until they go for team Light and you go for team L. Then they are dead to me. (Death note anyone? Team L for life.)

*Time skip to the next day*

"Hey, everyone! You'll be happy to know, that your new manager Renge, has baked all of you some cookies!" Renge said as the two of you walked into the host club. "I also helped!" you said, proud that you did't burn the house down. "Oh... Isn't she ladylike!? I'm so moved by your generosity!" Tamaki said, moving closer to us. "I didn't bake these cookies for you, you phony prince" Renge shouted at him, causing him to go to his corner. You grabbed a cookie and took it to Tamaki, stroking his hair as he munched on it. "I'm sorry, I burnt them a little bit. I did the best I could. And I already know what you're going to say..." Renge said to Kyoya, fangirling about what Miyabi would say. 'Maybe I shouldn't have made the characters look like the host club...' you thought. "She wasn't kidding. These cookies really are burnt" Honey said as he took a bite of a cookie. "Sorry, it's my fault we burnt them" you apologized. "Don't eat that Mitsukuni. It's bad for you." you heard Mori say. 'Well that didn't offend me at all' you thought sarcastically. Renge then chased Honey around the room. You grabbed a cookie and started munching on it, Haruhi also trying one. "They're not that bad at all. They got a good flavor to them. You did good." she patted you on the head. The twins then came over to you. "May I try?" Hikaru said as he took half the cookie from your mouth, your lips lightly touching. "You've got crumbs on your face" Kaoru said as he licked a few crumbs from your face. "Uwagh.... I wanted to finish that cookie..." you pouted, not even commenting on what Kaoru did. He smirked, knowing he got away with it. "Did you see what they just did!? He a bite of the cookie-" Tamaki said, freaking out. "And suddenly the trio of classmates are closer than they've ever been before" Kyoya interrupted, causing Tamaki to scream.

"Every single one of you! Except for Kyoya and (y/n), all of your characters are lukewarm! Each one of you has to have some sort of 'dark' side! You understand? Girls are vulnerable to handsome young men who are troubled. If you keep carrying on like this, it'll only be a matter of time for the girls to get tired of you and stop coming altogether! Are you trying to ruin my precious Kyoya's business!? As your manager, it is my duty to change your character backgrounds! Let's start with you!" Renge yelled, pointing at Honey. "If all you are is cute, inside and out, then you're no different than a baby! Therefore, from now on, you are the baby faced thug!" she yelled as Honey cried. You patted Honey's back. "And Mori-Senpai, you're his childhood friend, the flunkie! The twins will be basketball players, enslaved in their own world! Haruhi, you're an honours student who constantly being bullied! And as for you Tamaki, you're the school idol, who's admired for your good looks, but you actually have an inferiority complex you're hiding from the world. The lonely prince!" she continued. "And Kyoya, you're perfect just the way you are now. so I want you to stay as kind and affectionate as possible, okay? You too, (y/n)."

*magical time skip*

You were all now outside, filming scenes from Uki-doki Memorial. While Renge was barking orders at the camera crew, you turned to the hosts, "Sorry about this guys. It's my fault she did this." Everyone looked at you confused. "How is it your fault?" Tamaki asked. "Well, the personalities are all from different characters from Uki-doki Memorial. I created the characters to look kinda like you guys." you explained, showing them pictures from the game. They all nodded as Renge came back.

You soon had finished recording everyone's scenes when Renge ran up to you. "(y/n)!!! Can you please perform a song? It can be any song!" You nodded at her, thinking of a few songs she would like. You suddenly remembered a dance you did with a few other idols a few years back. "I got a song! I'm going to get changed so I'll be back in a few!" you yelled, running off. When you got back, you quickly got into position and started singing and dancing.

*insert random song here*

Soon that was over and Renge called you over to film the last few things. She dragged you over to some guys, saying something along the lines of them being the bad guys. She managed to offend them. One of them shoved her. Before she could collide with the tools on the wall, you went behind her, causing you to take the fall. "Are you ok?!?!?" Renge yelled. You whimpered, it felt so much like when the girls would bully you. A few tears streaked down your face. "Renge-nee, you shouldn't stereotype people. It hurts their feelings and you will never know who they truly are." She looked at you, surprised by the nickname. Haruhi and Tamaki then came over and saw you were crying. He started yelling at the guys and Haruhi ran over to you. "Tama-nii, they didn't do anything. They were just angry. Its not their fault." you explained as Haruhi checked you for any wounds. Tamaki then walked over to you, "Did you get hurt?" Haruhi then let go of you. "I'm fine." You tried to stand up but instantly fell. Tamaki and Haruhi caught you before you collided with the floor. "You..You...Please tell me you got that cameraman! That was an ideal final scene! All it needs now is a moving narration by my sweet Kyoya!" Renge ranted. The sound of something crash got you attention (I don't even know what happened with this sentence). Kyoya had smashed the camera lens. "I'm terribly sorry but I cannot allow there to be any record of a club member engaging in violence. I think you've caused enough trouble around here, Renge. Please stop being such a pest" Kyoya stated, coldly. "A pest... But you're supposed to pat me on the head and tell me not to worry! You're supposed to be kind and affectionate, Kyoya! Why are you acting so differently now? Tell me why!" Renge cried. "Because that's not the real Kyoya" Tamaki told her. "Does it really matter? Who cares if Kyoya is a little different than you expected him to be. Take a good look at the person inside and get to know him little by little. It's a lot more fun that way" You and Haruhi said in unison.

A few days later:

The girls were all talking about the video that you all thought was deleted. "I may have broken the cameras lens, but the footage that we already shot wasn't damaged. But naturally I did cut out that one violent scene. Sales have been pretty good so far. That Hollywood film crew did a fantastic job. Bu then I guess that's to be expected" Kyoya explained. Suddenly Renge walks into the room. "Renge-nee!!" you yelled as you hugged her. "Renge? But I thought you had gone home to France already" Tamaki said. "How could I leave? The person who I have always dreamed of meeting is here in Japan, and we're friends now! I couldn't leave her if I wanted!" she explained, returning your hug. "Let's go to my house and watch Hetalia again! Haruhi, you come too!" Renge yelled as you dragged her out of the room after she mentioned Hetalia. "Noooo! Haruhi! (y/n)!" Tamaki yelled. "But I thought you were the one who wanted her to have a female friend in the first place" Kyoya told Tamaki, watching as you three (definitely didn't accidentally type tree the first 3 tries) ran off.