T W E N T Y - F I V E | I Disappoint Myself.

{Edited}

Song: Treat You Better

Artist (s): Shawn Mendes. 

Only those who care about you can hear you when you are quiet.

{Important A/N at end. Please read.}

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Asher's POV

"The Pack territory has been protected but that doesn't mean the threat is gone." Chance explained to our fighters. "The threat is still here and it's lurking all around us." He continued. Before I could tell him what else to say, a sharp pain exploded in my head. I let out a growl clutching my head as Chance ran next to me.

"Alpha. Alpha, are you okay?" Chance questioned concern lacing his voice. This wasn't my pain. Without wasting a second, I ran out of my office in search of my mate.

'Lee' I mind-linked only to discover it was blocked. Chance was right behind me figuring out who I was searching for.

"Alicia!" He yelled from behind me. That's when the smell hit me. Blood. Her blood. Not being able to keep my growl in, I ran towards the direction of the smell. Our wing. Pooled outside our bedroom door was blood. Running inside everything seemed normal. All that was missing was her. My claws had elongated and my fangs were out. I gripped my hair pulling at it, angry at myself more than anything. Looking at myself in the reflection, I couldn't help but hate myself even more. Not being able to stand it, I did the only think I could. I broke it.

"Find her" I gritted out to Chance. Running back down to the office, I mind-linked all the Pack warriors and members that were eligible to fight. 

"It was all fucking planned." I started looking at Chance.

"The wall. They wanted to take down the wall and they fucking did." I picked up a vase throwing it across the room barley missing a few members.

"A war in anger is never won." Chance explained and I knew he was right. 

"Lead" was all I said. Chance got straight to it, trying to figure out what exactly happened. We all knew who the mastermind was but we had no idea on who the mole of the pack was.

"I'm going to kill that bastard." I promised to myself breaking my desk in half. Everyone in the room took a step back, eyes not leaving the ground.

"And I promise, if you don't I fucking will." Chance confirmed. Before he could say anything else the door flew open.

"Where is she?" Alec asked.

"Where the fuck is she and why is there a pile of her blood outside your door?" Alec walked up to Chance demanding answers.

"We don't know" Chance answered embarrassed.

"I can't believe this. It was my fucking job to protect and I bloody failed." he yanked at his hair.

"No, it wasn't pup. It was mine." I growled. Right now, all I'm think about is Alicia. I haven't got time to think about her 'bodyguard'. Chance discreetly shook his head at Alec stopping whatever he was going to say. He listened. Wise boy. My rage was sky high and I knew my eyes were bloodshot red. Before Chance could proceed to make any further plans, my howl of pain stopped them. I gripped my side grabbing onto the couch tearing it in the process. Alec and Chance immediately ran to my side. They were hurting her.

"Gather the Pack members. Each and every fucking one of them." I gritted standing up again. Everyone nodded before leaving excluding Chance.

"Why the Pack members?"

'There is no way in hell, the person will come forward to confess so the only way is to find them ourselves.'' I mind-linked not wanting to talk any more.

"We have hundreds of members, how are we going to get through them all. We don't have time." he explained.

"The human part of a wolf may deceive his Pack, but a wolf will never." was all I said before exiting the thrashed room. Within fifteen minutes everyone had gathered. The ground fell into a deadly hush and all that was heard was the wind screaming. 

"Shift" I commanded everyone once I got up on stage with Chance by my side. They immediately did as told. They all had their heads bowed in submission with their tails tucked between their legs. I nodded at Chance giving him the permission to explain the situation to the members. Howls shot out from the wolves before everyone hushed again.

"We have a mole in this Pack who is helping our enemies." snarls and growls filled the air only silencing when I growled back. Everyone bowed in submission again. 

"By betraying this Pack, you not only betrayed yourself but also the Moon Goddess. Step forward if you are a participant in the Luna's kidnapping" I demanded in my Alpha voice. Three howls were immediately heard.

"Step forward" I growled trying hard to control my anger. Three young wolves stepped forward.

"Everyone go change." Chance demanded and everyone shot off. The three boys shifted standing naked in front of me. They were three Omegas from the Pack.

"Why?" Chance asked once everyone left. When none of them replied, Chance stepped forward getting hold of ones throat.

"Why?" he asked again.

"We were promised better positions in their Pack." the mutt choked. 

"Where is she" he continued asking. He knew if I got my claws on them, they wouldn't live to tell.

"The abandoned sugar mill." another boy answered. 

"All yours" Chance said before running off gathering fighters. 

"The Spanish donkey" was all I said before walking off in search of my mate. A mate that should have been by my side. I disappoint myself. 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE READ

{A/N: Hey Homies. I'm sorry for not updating but I have explained why. If you haven't gotten the explanation then it's because you are not following me. Follow me to stay up to date. So if you already don't know I am currently extremely ill. I have a very bad sinus infection, and it's killing me. Now I'm very prone to headaches and the doctors at my GP first told me it was migraines, but later figured it wasn't so they sent me to the hospital. Yet the headaches I am getting because of this infection literally feels like I am being stabbed in the head multiple times with five knives. It hurts. I have already told this to my followers, yet so many of you guys are pressurising me into updating. Which is why, I am updating now. So all I want to say is that guys, you know I won't let you down, so please let me update in my own time.  Apart from that please. . . 

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Lots of Love - Me}