Part #5

"Brother, are you finished recalibrating your puzzles?" I heard through the trees.

"Quick," Sans exclaimed. "Behind those conveniently shaped lamps!" He motioned to seven lamps, lined up in a row, each perfectly curved to fit us. I had to stifle a laugh.

We all fled to the light fixtures, even Frisk who was obviously unafraid of whoever that other voice belonged to. But I noticed that when we were behind the lamps, one of us was missing: Patience.

"Okay...? I guess you don't have to." I heard Sans say a mere moment before another voice joined the conversation.

"Sans, have you found a human?" The voice was slightly high pitch, but it was still recognizably a male's.

"Yep," was Sans's reply.

"Really? Neato! I can't wait to capture them!"

And then silence.

"It's ok. My bro's gone. You can come out."

I cautiously looked around before leaving my hiding spot, but Frisk simply sprinted back to Sans's side.

"Ready to do some more of Papyrus' puzzles?" he asked the kid. They beamed a wide grin of excitement.

"Thanks for helping us hide," I said. Sans chuckled as if he knew we were in no danger.

"No problem, kiddo."

I was taken a bit aback. "Who are you to call me a kid? I'm a young adult."

"In my opinion, being a kid is much more fun than being a 'young adult'," he said.

"So you're not an adult?"

"I try not to be."

This conversation was going nowhere. We needed to find our soul colors and leave this place quickly. "Sans, right?" I said attempting to sound nonchalant.

"In the bones." Sans glanced at Frisk to see that he accomplished getting a laugh from the kid.

"Could you help us find a way to the surface?"

Sans shrugged his shoulders. "The way to the surface is easy to follow," he stated. "The difficult part is actually getting to the barrier."

Sorry it's mostly dialogue, but every good story needs a little conversation. Please vote and comment to tell me what you like and don't like about this story so far.

Also, if you want to check out another story I'm doing, Kimeala Fernandes (a Fairy Tail Fanfiction) was recently updated. Happy reading!