Part #6

Many questions were asked about the barrier and how it was created and how to break it. But thankfully, Sans answered all our questions. Except one: how to break the barrier.

"Not to be rude, Sans," Kindness said meekly. "But how do we pass through the barrier?"

Sans froze in his tracks.

"Yeah!" Justice added his loud voice. "You seem to be avoiding that question!" Justice's blunt statement caused a murmuring to erupt to the other four kids. Frisk, Patience, and I stayed silent. I think Frisk and I understood that the answer Sans would say would be something we wouldn't want to hear. Patience, on the other hand, hadn't said a word since we came to this underground world. She had been acting strangely ever since Papyrus had made his appearance.

It was then that I understood why: Papyrus was Patience's soul color! "Sans," I said breaking through the commotion. He turned to look at me and the others silenced, remembering Flowey's strange demand to listen to me. "Do you know about soul colors?" I asked.

"Very little, but I know that if two people with the same SOUL color can fight together to make a much stronger combined SOUL." Sans was smart, I gave him that, but he still seemed confused. "Why do you ask?"

"We were told that if we defeated the monster with the same SOUL color as ourselves, then we could leave this place," Bravery interjected.

Sans became nervous. "Defeat how?"

"I guess I just assumed we would have to talk out a compromise."

We all looked at Patience. That was the first thing she had said, and strangely enough, it was the opposite to what everyone else was thinking. To be honest, I thought we would've had to kill the monsters. But we didn't want to think of blood on our hands.

Sans grinned. "I think that would be the best action."

"Brother!" Papyrus came running over to meet us again. His puzzles had been fun, and he just overall had a lovable personality. Patience had loved the puzzles the most, though.

"Hey bro," Sans said to the taller skeleton. "We were just about to go through Snowdin."

"Wonderful!" Papyrus jumped with excitement. "I can't wait to capture a human." With that, he ran off into Snowdin.