Sheamus For Emily Clark

My parents have just given me the 'amazing' news that we now have to move to Canada.
Apparently moving to North America would be good for us. I would not mind.. But I do not want to leave my best friend Stephen, whom I was currently looking for through the hallways of our school. We were best friends because we loved to watch wrestling and wanted to be professional wrestlers when we got older.
Also no one else wanted to be our friend..

"Ugh" a familiar Irish accent moans out. "Stop!" It commands along with a crashing sound. I speed up and turn the hallway.
When I look up I see the school bullies attacking him.

"Leave him alone!" I yell, running up to Stephen instantly. The school bullies were pushing him into the lockers. Stephen' lip was bleeding and his eyelid was a shade of purple.

I always had to stick up for Stephen. Since he was too nice to fight back. He was big and strong enough to take all of them at once. But would never fight back.

"Or what?" The main bully teased. He flashed a smile leaving his crooked yellow teeth on display. The other four stood behind him chuckling with their arms over their chests.

By now you walked close enough to them that I  could smell the leader' foul smelling breath. "This." I say and take a right hook to his jaw.

"Bitch!" He says and stumbles back clenching onto his jaw. His gums started bleeding instantly, along with his lip. He friends, that act more like followers just stood there with a dumbfounded look on their face. "Let's get out of here!" One of them yells and all five of them retreat down the hallway of the school.

I look at my best friend Stephen that was now sitting down, with his back leaning against the lockers.

With a sigh, I take a seat right next to him.
"Are you ok?" I ask him. He looks up and gives me a small smile. "Yeah I'm fine Emily, as long as you're here with me." He replies. My heart starts to sink a little bit.

"I've been needing to tell you something." I tell him with tears forming in my eyes.
"What's the matter lass?" He asks looking in my eyes trying to search for answers.

I take a deep breath and let out the air slowly. "My parents are moving to Canada." I say in a low voice. His eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"So who are you going to stay with while they're gone? I'm sure you can stay with us Em." He says with a glimmer of hope in his dazzling blue eyes.

My chest slumps down against the lockers. A tear streams down my left cheek.
"I have to go with them." My voice cracks with each word.

His face turns paler than usual. Stephen starts to bang his head back against the lockers. A few tears start to stream down his face. I could not help but wipe them away.

"Then who is going to watch wrestling with me?" He mumbles to himself as more tears start to fall down his face. I brush his hair back in a calming manner.

"One day we will see each other again. I promise." I told him and our pinkies locked together as we swore it will happen.

12 Years Later

Tonight I was finally going to debut on Monday Night Raw. After a few years of hard work I finally made it to WWE.
For my debut I was set to save some guy named Sheamus from the Shield.

I still had 10 minutes until my debut, so I decided to go to catering for a snack.
After I grabbed a granola bar I walked to one of the equipment boxes to have a seat.

A tall red haired man walks past me. I only got a small glimpse of his face, but he almost looked like a grown version of Stephen.

The backstage worker called me to the gorilla.
I waited as the Shield continued to beat on that Sheamus guy until it was my cue.

The same backstage man points at me. I tear the curtains and run down the ramp without any music. I slide in the ring and run to stand between Sheamus and the shield.
They all knew I was debuting, but Sheamus did not know it was going to be me.

All three member were yelling something about 'I need to watch out for myself' and stuff like that.
They all started throwing tantrums, as scripted and retreated back up the stairs of the arena.
The tv cut to commercial. I turned around to finally get a good look at this Sheamus guy.
Our eyes met and I could not believe them.

"Stephen?" I ask looking up at him.
"Emily?" He asks looking down at me since he is a lot taller. I nod at him.

"What are you doing here lass?" He asks as we get out of the ring and start walking up the ramp.
"We made a promise to be in WWE together." I remind him.

We walked through the curtain into the backstage area. "I've been waiting for you for 12 years. I missed you." He says pulling me in for a long hug.
"I missed you too." I say but it comes out muffled since he is squeezing me tightly not letting go.

"I need air." I gasp.
"Oh I'm sorry lass." He says and lets go right away. "It's fine." I say trying to catch my breath.

"Um... May I take you out to dinner tonight?" He asks scratching the back of his head.
A smile spreads across my face.
"That you be great!" I say smiling. He kisses my cheek before going to the locker room to shower and change.

5 Years Later

My husband Stephen and I sat atop of the hill in our backyard. We sat in a comfortable silence enjoying the sunset.
We watched our 4 year old twin boys play with the family dog and some toys.

They looked exactly like Stephen. Tall, red hair, with sparkling blue eyes. They also took his pale skin color, and amazing sense of humor.

"Lass?"'he says ending the silence.
"Yes?" I ask him.
"I'm glad I did not forget you." He says and gives me a kiss on the lips.
-

Today I am going to publish a new one shots book!

Make sure to check that out along with my other new book.