Five

It was Friday and after what had arguably been the longest week of his life, Harry was exhausted. He was standing in the halls with Niall and he hadn't stopped yawning for the past twenty minutes. He had overslept that morning and barely managed to get himself and Louis to school on time, he was a mess.

"Oi, what the fuck is wrong with you?" Niall asked after yet another yawn from his best mate.

Harry leaned back against his locker, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "I haven't really been sleeping much. Louis keeps sneaking out in the middle of the night and I'm really worried about him," he confessed, feeling quite childish and stupid for losing sleep over a boy who obviously didn't care about him.

"You do know that he isn't your problem, right Harry?" Niall pointed out. He adjusted his backpack on his shoulder, eyes narrowed on his curly haired companion.

Harry just frowned. "He lives with me, Niall. He is my problem. And besides, he's been through a lot! I just want to help but he's too stubborn. It just stresses me out," he said exasperatedly, adding in a shrug to lessen the seriousness.

"Aw, my little Harold. You're just too nice! Well, I'd want to help him too. I mean, probably not in the same way that you would because you're innocent, but still help," Niall winked, wiggling his eyebrows at his own innuendos. "Ooh, is he in a gang? Do you think that's why he sneaks out? That would be even better."

Harry face palmed, sighing in response.

"I can't help it- I have a massive crush on the lad, Haz! He's gorgeous!" the blonde exclaimed defensively, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Niall. Please stop talking. And stop watching crime shows on the telly. Just because someone comes from a poor area, that doesn't automatically mean they're in a gang," Harry rolled his eyes. He stood up straighter and started down the hall, nodding his head to gesture for Niall to follow.

"Whatever, I was just saying," Niall mumbled nonchalantly, taking large strides to keep up with Harry's pace. "Have you decided if you're gonna go to Liam's party?"

"I'm not sure," Harry mumbled awkwardly. He still really didn't want to go, especially since Liam was close friends with Nick so his ex would surely be attending. Harry knew he'd be embarrassed and he'd rather just avoid the discomfort entirely. But, on the other hand, he thought that maybe it could be fun. And he felt like he could use a bit of fun after everything that's been going on.

Basically, he had no idea what he was going to do and he just didn't feel like making a decision.

"Well, you'd better decide fast. Make up your mind, mate. I've gotta run, I got detention because I told my student-teacher to fuck off yesterday in the middle of English. Just text me what you're going to do, alright?" Niall said with a cheerful smile. He slapped Harry lightly on the back before turning and darting down another hall.

-

Louis was in the library, staring blankly at a tall row of bookshelves. He had come to learn the hard way that jumping into school, not only for the first time in a long time but also in the middle of the year, wasn't a good idea. He was awfully behind and it was going to take some serious effort to catch up- London Preparatory Academy was definitely different from Lambeth Secondary School (which Louis only showed up at two or three days a week).