Ten

The next day, Harry crossed the large courtyard of London Preparatory Academy to hover by the front stairs. He was anxious to see Louis. It had only been a day since they'd seen one another and even less since they'd talked on the phone, but it felt like a lot longer, and Harry weirdly missed the boy. He tapped his foot awkwardly, listening to the clacking of his converse on the sidewalk as he scanned the surrounding are for the blue eyed boy.

"Harry?" a nervous voice called out, sounding off in a thick Irish accent.

He knew it was Niall, who else would it have been? Harry didn't want to talk to him, he didn't even want to so much as look at the boy. Sure, they used to be best friends, but that was gone now. Harry didn't think he'd ever be able to forgive Niall. He turned his back on the blonde, crossing his arms and giving him the cold shoulder.

Niall quietly sighed before mumbling, "I guess I'll just leave you alone. Just know that I'm sorry."

Harry didn't acknowledge the boy still, and he didn't turn back around until he heard footsteps signaling that Niall was gone. He felt a little guilty, even though he wasn't the one who kissed his best friend's ex-boyfriend right after they broke up. As soon as he remembered it all, the guilt faded away and was replaced with anger.

"Hey there, Princess, whatcha thinking about?"

Harry jumped slightly and spun around, coming face to face with Louis. He was such a sight for sore eyes, with his playful smirk and icy eyes and super tight jeans. Harry was immediately relieved. "Just the Niall and Nick thing. But, it doesn't matter because, as of now, I'm cutting them out of my life!" he said firmly, smiling in pride at his decision.

"Good for you, H," Louis nodded slowly. "Are you sure that's what you want to do? Niall was your best friend and all."

"I'm sure, now drop it," Harry instructed. He uncrossed his arms to shove a hand into his pocket. When he removed it, Harry pulled out a pair of gold cufflinks. "Here. Take these," he said, thrusting them out to Louis.

Louis took them apprehensively, eyeing it closely. "D.S? Harry, were these your dad's? Please tell me you didn't take them. Here, put them back exactly where you found them, I'm serious!" Louis exclaimed, trying to force them back upon the taller boy.

Harry refused to take them, swiftly backing away to avoid the handoff. "He won't even notice they're gone, really! Just take them, please, let me help you," he urged hopefully. He wanting nothing more than to make things easier on Louis, he just needed the boy to stop resisting.

"Fuck, Harry, you're out of your mind," Louis breathed, rubbing his face with his hands. "Fine, this is the only time I'll take anything from you. You will never steal anything for me again, okay? I'm not kidding."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Okay, dad," he said mockingly.

"Shut up. Do you know anywhere I can get a fake nurse's pass or something? I need to go to Lambeth," Louis said awkwardly, shifting on the balls of his feet.

Harry quirked an eyebrow. "You're ditching? Why don't you just go after school?" he asked, confused as to the other boy's thought process.

"I can't. I have to go see a guy and unload some stuff. He'll be gone later," Louis explained. "The faster I get rid of this stuff the better, for you and me."

Harry nodded understandingly. "Can I come?" he inquired eagerly.

"No."